New Regency Picks Up Techno-Thriller Novel 'Mona' (Exclusive)
International thriller involves computer virus that infects a human.
New Regency has picked up the movie rights to Mona, a hot title coming out of the Frankfurt book fair.
Written by Swedish author Dan Sehlberg, the story is as an international thriller that spans the Middle East and Europe involving a computer virus invented by a terrorist that infects humans. The story sees a Swedish scientist who invents a device that allows disabled people to surf the web with the power of thought that runs afoul a virus created by a revenge-seeking terrorist. The man races against time to save his wife.
Several companies were rumored to be chasing the book, with Regency taking it off the table for an undisclosed sum.
David Manpearl and Michelle Kroes will oversee for the company.
The author was repped by RWSG Literary Agency in the deal.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Shades Of Blue, Tiger Eyes & Beyond: Chatting with Joe Bonamassa, Jim Peterik and Sondre Lerche
- 'South Park' Completely Trolls Washington Redskins With In-Game Ad Ripping Team Name
- Hell on Wheels: Recent Season Four Episode Seven Delivers!
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Reveals Everything Wrong With Our Current Political Class
- Emma Watson Gives a Powerful Speech About Gender Equality - Watch the Video & Read Full Transcipt Here
- Camilla Belle & Max Greenfield Support 'L.A. Loves Alex's Lemonade' Fundraiser
- Pregnant Hayden Panettiere Has Fun at Food & Wine Festival After Nude Pics Leak
- Rosario Dawson, Luke Evans, & Ashley Madekwe Support amfAR's Important Cause in Milan