Montecito Buys 'Monsters of the Midway' Spec (Exclusive)
"John Tucker Must Die" and "Over Her Dead Body" screenwriter Jeff Lowell penned project.
The Montecito Picture Co. is getting into the creature feature biz, preemptively picking up Monsters of the Midway, a spec by Jeff Lowell.
The sale reteams Lowell with the Paramount-based shingle, which was one of the entities behind Hotel for Dogs, on which the scribe was a writer.
The plot details for Monsters are being kept in the dark, but the title says it all: an action comedy with supernatural overtones set in a carnival.
Montecito’s Ivan Reitman, Tom Pollock, and Joe Medjuck are producing with Daniel Rappaport and Ben Forkner of Film 360, the producing arm of Management 360. Film 360 developed the project internally and brought it to Montecito’s Ali Bell.
Lowell, repped by UTA and Management 360, also wrote John Tucker Must Die and wrote and directed Over Her Dead Body, which starred Paul Rudd, Eva Longoria and Lake Bell.
Montecito is coming off the strong performance of romantic comedy No Strings Attached, which starred Natalie Portman and Ashton Kutcher, and has grossed over $114 million worldwide.
Normal 0 0 1 116 664 5 1 815 11.1287 Normal 0 0 1 116 664 5 1 815 11.1287 0 0 0 0 0 0
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR