Morgan Spurlock's Comic-Con Doc Picked Up for Distribution
"Comic-Con Episode IV – A Fan’s Hope" will be released by Wrekin Hill and the National Entertainment Collectibles Association in Spring 2012.
Newbie distribution outfit Wrekin Hill has teamed up with the National Entertainment Collectibles Association to pick up the distribution rights to Morgan Spurlock’s fanboy documentary Comic-Con Episode IV – A Fan’s Hope.
The plan is to release the film in Spring 2012 at the same time with a multi-city tour of the movie incorporating events, including fandom gatherings, across the country.
The film, following a select group of geeks and their stories revolving around the 2010 edition of Comic-Con, was produced by Spurlock, Jeremy Chilnick, Matthew Galkin, Harry Knowles and Thomas Tull; and written by Spurlock and Chilnick.
The movie has already toured the festival circuit, such as TIFF and Fantastic Fest, to mostly positive reviews.
“In the spirit of the film, we plan to go out on the road with the filmmakers to cities across the country so that fans and audiences can see the film in large theaters and small arenas, with Q&As, contests, give-aways and all sorts of special cultural presentations,” said NECA’s Joel Weinshanker.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences
- Jo Nesbo's latest page-turner, "The Son"...Elaine Stritch---The Great Fantasy Dinner Guest!
- Why 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Refused A Photo With Rick Santorum