Morgan Spurlock's Comic-Con Doc Picked Up for Distribution
"Comic-Con Episode IV – A Fan’s Hope" will be released by Wrekin Hill and the National Entertainment Collectibles Association in Spring 2012.
Newbie distribution outfit Wrekin Hill has teamed up with the National Entertainment Collectibles Association to pick up the distribution rights to Morgan Spurlock’s fanboy documentary Comic-Con Episode IV – A Fan’s Hope.
The plan is to release the film in Spring 2012 at the same time with a multi-city tour of the movie incorporating events, including fandom gatherings, across the country.
The film, following a select group of geeks and their stories revolving around the 2010 edition of Comic-Con, was produced by Spurlock, Jeremy Chilnick, Matthew Galkin, Harry Knowles and Thomas Tull; and written by Spurlock and Chilnick.
The movie has already toured the festival circuit, such as TIFF and Fantastic Fest, to mostly positive reviews.
“In the spirit of the film, we plan to go out on the road with the filmmakers to cities across the country so that fans and audiences can see the film in large theaters and small arenas, with Q&As, contests, give-aways and all sorts of special cultural presentations,” said NECA’s Joel Weinshanker.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing