'Mud' Breakout Lands Starring Role in Paramount's 'Scouts vs. Zombies' (Exclusive)
Christopher Landon is directing the horror-comedy.
Tye Sheridan, the actor who broke through playing opposite Matthew McConaughey in last year's indie drama Mud, has nabbed his first studio movie.
The young thespian has signed on for the lead role in Scouts vs. Zombies, Paramount's horror comedy to be directed by Christopher Landon.
The story centers on three high school Boy Scouts who must use their skills to battle vicious zombies after their small town faces a zombie outbreak. Sheridan will play the budding honors student who is handsome and athletic but doesn't know it yet, still lacking the confidence needed to talk to girls he likes.
Todd Garner, Andy Fickman, Betsy Sullenger and Bryan Brucks are producing the project, which is scheduled to begin shooting in May.
Sheridan made his debut opposite Brad Pitt in Terrence Malick's Tree of Life and is starring opposite Nicolas Cage in Joe, which Roadside Attractions will open April 11.
He also has several indie projects in the can, among them Last Days in the Desert with Ewan McGregor and Ayelet Zurer, and Kyle Wilamowski's Grass Stains, among them.
Sheridan is repped by WME, Mosaic and Stone Meyer.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Selena Gomez Stuns in Two Totally Different Looks at Leonardo DiCaprio's Foundation Gala
- Leonardo DiCaprio Brings Girlfriend Toni Garrn to His Foundation Gala, Raises $25 Million to Protect the Earth!
- Mariah Carey Supports Pal Brett Ratner at 'Hercules' Premiere!
- Gerard Butler Shows Off Chest Hair Touching Down at LAX!