M.U.T.O. Research Site Teases 'Godzilla' Remake
Before the official release of the first trailer for next year's "Godzilla," a new viral site offers hints at the giant monster horrors that lie ahead.
Godzilla is coming -- and ahead of this week's premiere of the first trailer for the Legendary Pictures reboot of the monster movie franchise for American audiences, the studio has launched a new website for the in-universe "M.U.T.O. Research" organization, which contains two videos offering sneak peeks at what's to come.
The M.U.T.O. Research site currently allows users to connect their social network of choice to the site, as well as attempt to access other content across the site -- including two "corrupted" short videos that hint at what will be seen in the finished movie:
What M.U.T.O. Research will turn out to be is a question left unaddressed by the site, at least for now -- but perhaps the first trailer for Godzilla, which is due to be released tomorrow, will provide some hints towards that answer.
Godzilla will be released May 16, 2014.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Aretha Franklin On New Covers Album: 'I Don't Think I Have Ever Been As Excited As I Am Now'
- This First Look At Benedict Cumberbatch In 'The Hollow Crown' Is Everything
- Rosamund Pike Dishes On Her 'Gone Girl' Sex Scene With Neil Patrick Harris
- Pixar's 'Inside Out' Trailer Looks Like A Total Brain Pleaser
- The Walking Dead's Andrew Lincoln & Norman Reedus Fly Into LA Ahead of Season 5!
- Lena Dunham Opens Up About a College Date Rape Experience
- Matthew McConaughey Gets Inspiring & Philosophical with the Texas Longhorns Football Team - Watch Now!
- Hugh Jackman Joins #FeelingNuts Campaign & Grabs Himself for Testicular Cancer