M.U.T.O. Research Site Teases 'Godzilla' Remake
Before the official release of the first trailer for next year's "Godzilla," a new viral site offers hints at the giant monster horrors that lie ahead.
Godzilla is coming -- and ahead of this week's premiere of the first trailer for the Legendary Pictures reboot of the monster movie franchise for American audiences, the studio has launched a new website for the in-universe "M.U.T.O. Research" organization, which contains two videos offering sneak peeks at what's to come.
The M.U.T.O. Research site currently allows users to connect their social network of choice to the site, as well as attempt to access other content across the site -- including two "corrupted" short videos that hint at what will be seen in the finished movie:
What M.U.T.O. Research will turn out to be is a question left unaddressed by the site, at least for now -- but perhaps the first trailer for Godzilla, which is due to be released tomorrow, will provide some hints towards that answer.
Godzilla will be released May 16, 2014.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR