M.U.T.O. Research Site Teases 'Godzilla' Remake
Before the official release of the first trailer for next year's "Godzilla," a new viral site offers hints at the giant monster horrors that lie ahead.
Godzilla is coming -- and ahead of this week's premiere of the first trailer for the Legendary Pictures reboot of the monster movie franchise for American audiences, the studio has launched a new website for the in-universe "M.U.T.O. Research" organization, which contains two videos offering sneak peeks at what's to come.
The M.U.T.O. Research site currently allows users to connect their social network of choice to the site, as well as attempt to access other content across the site -- including two "corrupted" short videos that hint at what will be seen in the finished movie:
What M.U.T.O. Research will turn out to be is a question left unaddressed by the site, at least for now -- but perhaps the first trailer for Godzilla, which is due to be released tomorrow, will provide some hints towards that answer.
Godzilla will be released May 16, 2014.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Sexual Harassment At Comic-Con Leads To Call For New Convention Policy
- A Conversation with CBS This Morning's Anthony Mason, Plus Chase Rice, Gentle Giant's Derek Shulman & William Gage Blanton
- The 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' Trailer Is Here To Fight
- Robert Davi: Singing the Songs He Loves in a Place He Loves
- Sleepy Hollow's Tom Mison & Nicole Beharie Take San Diego Comic-Con by Storm
- Chloe Moretz Wins Fans Favorite Actress Award at Young Hollywood Awards 2014!
- Ian Somerhalder: 'The Vampire Diaries' Wins Best Threesome at Young Hollywood Awards 2014!
- Nikki Reed & Kellan Lutz Have a 'Twilight' Reunion at Young Hollywood Awards 2014!