Neill Blomkamp's 'Elysium' Has a Release Date
Sony will release Neill Blomkamp’s high-profile Elysium on March 8, 2013, in time to take advantage of spring break and the Easter holiday.
Word of the release date comes as Sony rounds out of the cast of the sci-fi project, which Media Rights Capital is making.
Brazilian actor Wagner Moura is the latest addition. He’ll star opposite Matt Damon, Sharlto Copley and Jodie Foster and will be playing the villain. The plot is being kept under wraps, although the setting is a future world. Social class figures into this world, and Damon's character is an ex-con.
So far, Elyisum has the March 8-10 weekend to itself. Easter Sunday falls three weeks later on March 31.
In 2007, when Easter also fell at the end of March, Zach Snyder’s 300 bowed on the same weekend that Elysium has targeted. 300 had great legs, helped by spring break.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR