New 'Avengers' Clip Sees Tony Stark Introduce Loki to the Team (Video)
The all-star Marvel epic teases another scene ahead of its May 4 release date.
With the Avengers set to assemble at the film's world premiere on Thursday, Marvel took the pre-emptive liberty of introducing the super hero crew to the world a few hours early.
In yet another snippet of the blockbuster film, Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) does a bit of explanatory smack talking to the flick's chief villain, the fallen god Loki (Tom Hiddleston). And while the rest of Earth's Mightiest Heroes don't appear on screen, Stark talks them up well, including his characterization of The Hulk as "a man with breathtaking anger management issues."
Ironically, during his AMA chat at Reddit yesterday, writer/director Joss Whedon called Mark Ruffalo, the man who plays The Hulk, "one of the best and sweetest actors I know."
Downey Jr. will soon be back in Stark's superhero skin, dealing quips and lethal blows as he begins production on Iron Man 3, which now may include Sir Ben Kingsley as one of its villains.
Avengers will hit theaters on May 4 after its closing night screening at the Tribeca Film Festival.
Email: Jordan.Zakarin@THR.com; Twitter; @JordanZakarin
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Matt Bomer Talks 'Fifty Shades' Casting Rumors, Wants to Return for 'Magic Mike XXL'!
- Taylor Swift & Sarah Hyland See an Off-Broadway Play Together!
- Hilary Duff Treats Herself to a Vegan Dinner at Crossroads!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Express Sadness Over Death of Camilla Parker Bowles' Brother