New 'Avengers' Clip Sees Tony Stark Introduce Loki to the Team (Video)
The all-star Marvel epic teases another scene ahead of its May 4 release date.
With the Avengers set to assemble at the film's world premiere on Thursday, Marvel took the pre-emptive liberty of introducing the super hero crew to the world a few hours early.
In yet another snippet of the blockbuster film, Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) does a bit of explanatory smack talking to the flick's chief villain, the fallen god Loki (Tom Hiddleston). And while the rest of Earth's Mightiest Heroes don't appear on screen, Stark talks them up well, including his characterization of The Hulk as "a man with breathtaking anger management issues."
Ironically, during his AMA chat at Reddit yesterday, writer/director Joss Whedon called Mark Ruffalo, the man who plays The Hulk, "one of the best and sweetest actors I know."
Downey Jr. will soon be back in Stark's superhero skin, dealing quips and lethal blows as he begins production on Iron Man 3, which now may include Sir Ben Kingsley as one of its villains.
Avengers will hit theaters on May 4 after its closing night screening at the Tribeca Film Festival.
Email: Jordan.Zakarin@THR.com; Twitter; @JordanZakarin
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Jessica Alba's Secret to a Happy Home Life: Having Girls' Night Out to Complain About Your Husband!
- Zooey Deschanel Spotted Kissing & Hugging Mystery Man on 'Rock the Kasbah' Set
- Diane Kruger Looks Fabulous Alongside 'The Bridge' Cast at FX TCA Panel 2014!
- Giuliana Rancic Dyes Her Hair Platinum Blonde - See the Pic