New 'Avengers' Clips Feature Iron Man Fighting Thor, Loki Taunting Nick Fury (Video)
Freshly released snippets of the Marvel superhero flick tease both action and quip-a-minute dialogue.
By the time The Avengers comes out on May 4, fans who have been chained to YouTube may have experienced half the excitement already.
Marvel put out two new clips on Monday from their upcoming blockbuster team up flick, showing off both the big action set pieces and sharp words that are staples of its acclaimed director, Joss Whedon.
In the first clip, Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) battles Thor (Chris Hemsworth) in one of the promised skirmishes between larger-than-life heroes whose egos and modus operandi make it difficult for them to work together.
In the second clip, however, we're reminded why it's so imperative for the Avengers to -- yes, we'll say it again -- assemble: Loki. Tom Hiddleston's wicked Norse God shares a cagey back-and-forth with Samuel L. Jackson's Nick Fury, as the rest of the team look on.
He really ought to watch himself when he talks about the Hulk.
The film's marketing campaign is evidently working pretty well -- tracking has it pacing for a potential $150 million opening, with more interest than The Hunger Games and The Dark Knight.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch