New 'Django Unchained' Spot Features Samuel L. Jackson, Lots of Gunplay (Video)
Director Quentin Tarantino's upcoming spaghetti Western revealed some new footage at Sunday night's BET Awards.
What's a Quentin Tarantino movie without Samuel L. Jackson (aside from Inglourious Basterds, Kill Bill, Reservoir Dogs and Death Proof)?
After releasing several trailers for his highly anticipated, slavery-and-revenge spaghetti Western homage, Tarantino gave audiences a first full look at Jackson's white-haired character in the film. Whereas he once would have been the gun-toting badass in the flick (and he can still fire away onscreen, as seen in The Avengers), he now gives off a more senior tone, allowing Jamie Foxx (as Django, a freed slave searching for his wife) and Christoph Waltz (as Dr. King Schultz, a bounty hunter tracking the Brittle Brothers) to handle the majority of the firearm work -- which they do, happily.
There are also a few deliciously diabolical moments with Leonardo DiCaprio, who plays wicked slave owner and death-fight purveyor Calvin Candie, as well as plenty of bloodletting throughout.
Truly, a warm, family-friendly film for Christmas Day.
GENIUS LOST: ROBIN WILLIAMS
Follow Heat Vision
- 'The Theory of Everything' Shines a Light on Stephen Hawking's Love Life
- Robert Rodriguez's Inspiring Speech Will Make You Proud To Be American
- Victoria Justice On Dealing With Cyberbullying, Fashion Inspiration And Her Advice To Teens
- James Franco's New Film 'Kink' Explores BDSM Community, Lifestyle
- Lena Dunham Felt So Much Joy Watching Andrew Rannells in 'Hedwig & the Angry Inch'
- Chris Martin Wears Fat Suit in Coldplay's 'True Love' Music Video - Watch Now!
- Vanessa Hudgens Swings By Kari Feinstein's Style Lounge Ahead of Emmys 2014
- New 'Gotham' Trailer Gives Viewers a Grim & Exciting View of What's to Come!