New 'Django Unchained' Spot Features Samuel L. Jackson, Lots of Gunplay (Video)
Director Quentin Tarantino's upcoming spaghetti Western revealed some new footage at Sunday night's BET Awards.
What's a Quentin Tarantino movie without Samuel L. Jackson (aside from Inglourious Basterds, Kill Bill, Reservoir Dogs and Death Proof)?
After releasing several trailers for his highly anticipated, slavery-and-revenge spaghetti Western homage, Tarantino gave audiences a first full look at Jackson's white-haired character in the film. Whereas he once would have been the gun-toting badass in the flick (and he can still fire away onscreen, as seen in The Avengers), he now gives off a more senior tone, allowing Jamie Foxx (as Django, a freed slave searching for his wife) and Christoph Waltz (as Dr. King Schultz, a bounty hunter tracking the Brittle Brothers) to handle the majority of the firearm work -- which they do, happily.
There are also a few deliciously diabolical moments with Leonardo DiCaprio, who plays wicked slave owner and death-fight purveyor Calvin Candie, as well as plenty of bloodletting throughout.
Truly, a warm, family-friendly film for Christmas Day.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR