New 'Guardians' TV Spot Gets Back to What's Important: Good Music
Joan Jett and the Runaways soundtrack the new advertisement for Marvel Studios' "Guardians of the Galaxy."
After a surprisingly orchestral score to the last Guardians of the Galaxy trailer, we’re back to classic rock with the new TV spot for James Gunn’s summer space opera. Next up on the intergalactic playlist? The Runaways’ “Cherry Bomb.”
As much as the multiple trailers demonstrate how fun Guardians looks — and this latest spot, with slightly more of a glimpse into the antagonistic relationship between Chris Pratt’s Star-Lord and Bradley Cooper’s Rocket Raccoon, continues to make the movie look very fun indeed — let’s take a moment to appreciate what the ads have really been doing: Making us appreciate James Gunn’s taste in music.
Seriously, prior to the first trailer, would you have thought of “Hooked on a Feeling” as anything more than an annoying earworm? How often had the riff from “Spirit in the Sky” gone through your head since watching that second trailer? And now “Cherry Bomb” is added to that mental playlist.
Guardians of the Galaxy will be released Aug. 1. Watch the new TV spot below.
Follow Heat Vision
- Dierks Bentley Weighs In On The 'Girl Crush' Country Radio Controversy
- Cookie Lyon of Fox's 'Empire' Sheds Rare Light on Black Women's Incarceration and Reentry
- Ryan Reynolds Spoofs Burt Reynolds In First 'Deadpool' Photo
- What Lindsay From 'Freaks And Geeks' Would Be Up To Today, According to Linda Cardellini
- Sean Hayes & Hubby Lip Sync Iggy Azalea & Jennifer Hudson's 'Trouble' - Watch Now!
- Kim Kardashian's Platinum Blonde Hair Looks Amazing on 'Elle France' April 2015 Cover
- Zayn Malik & Fiancee Perrie Edwards Spotted Out Separately After Leaving One Direction
- Carey Mulligan Talks Cooking Spaghetti Bolognese in 'Skylight' Every Night on 'The Tonight Show' - Watch Here!