New 'Guardians' TV Spot Gets Back to What's Important: Good Music
Joan Jett and the Runaways soundtrack the new advertisement for Marvel Studios' "Guardians of the Galaxy."
After a surprisingly orchestral score to the last Guardians of the Galaxy trailer, we’re back to classic rock with the new TV spot for James Gunn’s summer space opera. Next up on the intergalactic playlist? The Runaways’ “Cherry Bomb.”
As much as the multiple trailers demonstrate how fun Guardians looks — and this latest spot, with slightly more of a glimpse into the antagonistic relationship between Chris Pratt’s Star-Lord and Bradley Cooper’s Rocket Raccoon, continues to make the movie look very fun indeed — let’s take a moment to appreciate what the ads have really been doing: Making us appreciate James Gunn’s taste in music.
Seriously, prior to the first trailer, would you have thought of “Hooked on a Feeling” as anything more than an annoying earworm? How often had the riff from “Spirit in the Sky” gone through your head since watching that second trailer? And now “Cherry Bomb” is added to that mental playlist.
Guardians of the Galaxy will be released Aug. 1. Watch the new TV spot below.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Aretha Franklin On New Covers Album: 'I Don't Think I Have Ever Been As Excited As I Am Now'
- This First Look At Benedict Cumberbatch In 'The Hollow Crown' Is Everything
- Rosamund Pike Dishes On Her 'Gone Girl' Sex Scene With Neil Patrick Harris
- Pixar's 'Inside Out' Trailer Looks Like A Total Brain Pleaser
- The Walking Dead's Andrew Lincoln & Norman Reedus Fly Into LA Ahead of Season 5!
- Lena Dunham Opens Up About a College Date Rape Experience
- Matthew McConaughey Gets Inspiring & Philosophical with the Texas Longhorns Football Team - Watch Now!
- Hugh Jackman Joins #FeelingNuts Campaign & Grabs Himself for Testicular Cancer