New 'Guardians' TV Spot Gets Back to What's Important: Good Music
Joan Jett and the Runaways soundtrack the new advertisement for Marvel Studios' "Guardians of the Galaxy."
After a surprisingly orchestral score to the last Guardians of the Galaxy trailer, we’re back to classic rock with the new TV spot for James Gunn’s summer space opera. Next up on the intergalactic playlist? The Runaways’ “Cherry Bomb.”
As much as the multiple trailers demonstrate how fun Guardians looks — and this latest spot, with slightly more of a glimpse into the antagonistic relationship between Chris Pratt’s Star-Lord and Bradley Cooper’s Rocket Raccoon, continues to make the movie look very fun indeed — let’s take a moment to appreciate what the ads have really been doing: Making us appreciate James Gunn’s taste in music.
Seriously, prior to the first trailer, would you have thought of “Hooked on a Feeling” as anything more than an annoying earworm? How often had the riff from “Spirit in the Sky” gone through your head since watching that second trailer? And now “Cherry Bomb” is added to that mental playlist.
Guardians of the Galaxy will be released Aug. 1. Watch the new TV spot below.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Matthew McConaughey Wishes Washington Redskins Logo Wouldn't Change
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Kim Kardashian, Even Though She Literally Shares Everything
- Gerard Parkes Dead At 90, Award-Winning Actor Best Known For 'Fraggle Rock' And 'Boondock Saints'
- Nicholas Brendon, 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' Actor, Arrested In Idaho
- Oscar Pistorius Sentenced to 5 Years in Prison
- Nikki Reed Flies the Skies After Adopting Kitten with Boyfriend Ian Somerhalder
- Olivier Martinez Supports the Denver Broncos Before Sunday Night Football Game!
- Chloe Bennet Gets All Dolled Up for 'Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' PaleyFest - Watch The Full Panel Here!