New 'Hercules' Trailer Reintroduces the Legend (Video)
Dwayne Johnson has to fight gods, armies and monsters in the second trailer from this summer's Brett Ratner-directed fantasy epic.
As the new trailer for Brett Ratner’s Hercules tells its titular lead, “We all know your legend.” But just in case we don’t, the second sneak peek at the summer movie reintroduced the epic hero, as played by Dwayne Johnson.
Speeding through the good times of Hercules as much-loved family man to get to the tragic motivation behind the movie (with John Hurt helpfully providing expository dialogue that reads, “The gods that killed your family have unleashed hell on Earth,” just in case you missed it), the trailer offers glimpses of some of the trials lying ahead for the son of Zeus.
“Take revenge for your family, save these people — and restore order to this world,” exhorts Ian McShane at one point, again helpfully laying out the stakes for Johnson’s character as we see scenes of monsters, armies and various other trouble lying ahead as he tries to complete his various missions. It’s all very slick, but also looks — dare we say it? — fun. Somewhere, Ray Harryhausen is smiling at the potential of this movie.
Hercules hits theaters July 25.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- Liam Neeson's First Movie Footage is a Must See - Watch Now!
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!