New 'Hobbit' Production Diary Showcases Dwarves, Dale and Design Magic (Video)
Peter Jackson shares an extensive peek into his long trip back to Middle Earth.
For the unlucky Tolkien fans unable to make it to San Diego, fear not: The Hobbit is coming to you. And you don't even have to deal with the deafening screams.
Following its debut at Comic-Con, Peter Jackson has released a sizable new production video that brings viewers to the massive New Zealand set of The Hobbit. Largely shrouded in secrecy (aside for that which was shown in Jackson's other videos), the veil is lifted a bit in this new 15-minute backstage preview.
There are plenty of standout elements: the remarkable makeup job done on the dwarves, that much more impressive in a real-world setting; the 100-meter forest; the impressive construction of the City of Dale; the acute detail devoted to each and every interior set; and the choreography of the fights (including star Martin Freeman's improvised moves.
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey hits theaters on December 14.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR