New Line Picks Up Action Comedy Spec 'The Lost' (Exclusive)
Shawn Levy and his 21 Laps banner are on board to produce.
New Line has picked up The Lost, an action comedy spec from popping scribe T.J. Fixman that has Shawn Levy and his 21 Laps banner attached to produce.
The story focuses on reformed first-time offenders who must clear their name after they are framed for the murder of their parole officer.
Levy will produce with the shingle’s Billy Rosenberg and Dan Cohen.
Levy, who just wrapped directing the Jason Batemen-led ensemble drama This Is Where I Leave You, is in pre-production on Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, Disney’s adaptation of the popular 1970s children’s book. The company is also prepping for the August 2 release of the Sundance hit Spectacular Now which stars Shailene Woodley.
Fixman hails originally from the video game world and is clearly on an upward trajectory. The Lost marks his second studio sale this year; in March, Universal picked up One Night On the Hudson, a spec that has Charlie Day and Jason Sudeikis attached to star. He was also hired to rewrite Gargoyles for Disney.
Fixman is repped by WME and Fourth Floor Management.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Matthew McConaughey Wishes Washington Redskins Logo Wouldn't Change
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Kim Kardashian, Even Though She Literally Shares Everything
- Gerard Parkes Dead At 90, Award-Winning Actor Best Known For 'Fraggle Rock' And 'Boondock Saints'
- Nicholas Brendon, 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' Actor, Arrested In Idaho
- Oscar Pistorius Sentenced to 5 Years in Prison
- Nikki Reed Flies the Skies After Adopting Kitten with Boyfriend Ian Somerhalder
- Olivier Martinez Supports the Denver Broncos Before Sunday Night Football Game!
- Chloe Bennet Gets All Dolled Up for 'Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' PaleyFest - Watch The Full Panel Here!