New Line Picks Up Noir Thriller From 'Underworld: Awakening' Writer (Exclusive)
Allison Burnett's credits include such female-driven thrillers as the fourth installment in the "Underworld" series, the Amanda Seyfried thriller "Gone" and the Diane Lane film "Untraceable."
New Line has picked up an untitled thriller pitch from Allison Burnett, the screenwriter behind the recent Amanda Seyfried thriller Gone and a writer on Underworld: Awakening.
The project is a noir thriller with sensuality and intrigue and is described as being in the tradition of Body Heat, the 1981 noir starring Kathleen Turner and William Hurt.
The acquisition is noteworthy in that it comes with no producer or acting attachments, rare in today’s world where studios prefer packaged projects.
It also marks the first pitch sale for Gersh-repped Burnett, whose work usually involves spec script sales or assignments.
On top of Gone and Underworld, his credits include Autumn in New York, starring Richard Gere and Winona Ryder; the Diane Lane thriller Untraceable; Resurrecting the Champ, starring Samuel L. Jackson and Josh Hartnett; and the 2009 Fame remake.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David