New Line Picks Up Noir Thriller From 'Underworld: Awakening' Writer (Exclusive)
Allison Burnett's credits include such female-driven thrillers as the fourth installment in the "Underworld" series, the Amanda Seyfried thriller "Gone" and the Diane Lane film "Untraceable."
New Line has picked up an untitled thriller pitch from Allison Burnett, the screenwriter behind the recent Amanda Seyfried thriller Gone and a writer on Underworld: Awakening.
The project is a noir thriller with sensuality and intrigue and is described as being in the tradition of Body Heat, the 1981 noir starring Kathleen Turner and William Hurt.
The acquisition is noteworthy in that it comes with no producer or acting attachments, rare in today’s world where studios prefer packaged projects.
It also marks the first pitch sale for Gersh-repped Burnett, whose work usually involves spec script sales or assignments.
On top of Gone and Underworld, his credits include Autumn in New York, starring Richard Gere and Winona Ryder; the Diane Lane thriller Untraceable; Resurrecting the Champ, starring Samuel L. Jackson and Josh Hartnett; and the 2009 Fame remake.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack