New Line Picks Up Noir Thriller From 'Underworld: Awakening' Writer (Exclusive)
Allison Burnett's credits include such female-driven thrillers as the fourth installment in the "Underworld" series, the Amanda Seyfried thriller "Gone" and the Diane Lane film "Untraceable."
New Line has picked up an untitled thriller pitch from Allison Burnett, the screenwriter behind the recent Amanda Seyfried thriller Gone and a writer on Underworld: Awakening.
The project is a noir thriller with sensuality and intrigue and is described as being in the tradition of Body Heat, the 1981 noir starring Kathleen Turner and William Hurt.
The acquisition is noteworthy in that it comes with no producer or acting attachments, rare in today’s world where studios prefer packaged projects.
It also marks the first pitch sale for Gersh-repped Burnett, whose work usually involves spec script sales or assignments.
On top of Gone and Underworld, his credits include Autumn in New York, starring Richard Gere and Winona Ryder; the Diane Lane thriller Untraceable; Resurrecting the Champ, starring Samuel L. Jackson and Josh Hartnett; and the 2009 Fame remake.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Aretha Franklin On New Covers Album: 'I Don't Think I Have Ever Been As Excited As I Am Now'
- This First Look At Benedict Cumberbatch In 'The Hollow Crown' Is Everything
- Rosamund Pike Dishes On Her 'Gone Girl' Sex Scene With Neil Patrick Harris
- Pixar's 'Inside Out' Trailer Looks Like A Total Brain Pleaser
- The Walking Dead's Andrew Lincoln & Norman Reedus Fly Into LA Ahead of Season 5!
- Lena Dunham Opens Up About a College Date Rape Experience
- Matthew McConaughey Gets Inspiring & Philosophical with the Texas Longhorns Football Team - Watch Now!
- Hugh Jackman Joins #FeelingNuts Campaign & Grabs Himself for Testicular Cancer