New 'Maleficent' TV Spot: Angelina Jolie Conjures Up More Chaos (Video)
UPDATED: The latest look at Disney's "Sleeping Beauty" prequel features more of the iconic villain and her relationship with princess Aurora, played by Elle Fanning.
Disney has released a new look at its upcoming live-action Sleeping Beauty prequel, Maleficent, starring Angelina Jolie as the iconic villain.
The Disney Channel-created spot for the May 2014 film begins with scenes from Disney's animated Sleeping Beauty but quickly gives way to more scenes of Maleficent's evil powers.
Maleficent is shown "bestowing a gift" on newborn princess Aurora in the form of her famous curse, with green smoke appearing as she waves her hand over the baby.
She's then shown seeking out an older Aurora, played by Elle Fanning, and later talking to the princess, warning her: "There is an evil in this world, and I cannot keep you from it."
The spot also features another shot of Maleficent using her evil powers to make people disperse.
Maleficent hits theaters May 30.
Check out the full video above.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR