New Regency Picks Up 'New West' With Len Wiseman Producing (Exclusive)
The director of this summer's "Total Recall" remake will produce the adaptation but is not expected to direct.
New Regency has picked up The New West, an adaptation of a comic book written by Jimmy Palmiotti, with Len Wiseman now on board to produce.
Benderspink’s Chris Bender, J.C. Spink and Jake Weiner also are involved in a producer capacity, as is Gareb Shamus, founder of Wizard magazine. The quartet began developing an adaptation in February.
Palmiotti, co-writer of DC Comics’ All-Star Western comic (art by Phil Noto), wrote the two-issue New West set in a near-future Los Angeles where an electromagnetic pulse bomb causes all technology to stop working. In this hostile environment, a disgraced former LAPD detective must rescue a kidnapped mayor with only a horse and a sword.
Wiseman, who is helming this summer’s remake of Total Recall and is known for his directing work on the Underworld vampire franchise, is not attached to direct at this stage.
New Regency and the producers are out to writers to pen the script.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR