New 'Sin City 2' Trailer Spotlights Creator Frank Miller
The star of the latest tease for the comic book crime adaptation is none other than the writer and artist behind the series.
Despite appearances by Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Eva Green and Josh Brolin, the true star of the latest trailer for Sin City: A Dame to Kill For may just be the series’ creator, Frank Miller.
Not only does the comic book writer and artist get credited in the movie’s full title (Frank Miller’s Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, for the curious), but he’s also credited two other times in the new trailer, as co-director (with Robert Rodriguez) and writer; his artwork also appears in title cards identifying the main characters in the long-awaited follow-up to 2005’s Sin City.
In addition to playing to Miller’s ego, the new trailer also works as an introduction for newcomers both to the morally murky world of the (predominantly) black-and-white uber-noir world, and the storylines contained in this adaptation of Miller’s comic book series, with the relationships between Marv, Nancy, Dwight and the other characters laid out for those who’ve never visited the crime-filled city before.
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For will be released Aug. 22.
Follow Heat Vision
- Marvin Gaye's Sister Zeola Sets The Record Straight On Reported Family Feud Over 'Blurred Lines' Lawsuit
- New Film Healing of Love Is Challenging the Paradigm of Relationships
- The Death of Fake Reality Television, The Birth of 'Connected'
- Morgan Spurlock, 'One Direction: This Is Us' Director: Zayn Malik 'Struggled The Most' With Touring Demands
- Pia Mia Seduces Us In 'F--k With U' Music Video - Watch Now!
- Jamie Chung Has a Condom Problem in 'Resident Advisors' Clip (Exclusive Video)
- Mark Wahlberg Producing Boston Marathon Bombing Movie 'Patriot's Day'
- Stephen Amell Signs Up to Play Megan Fox's Love Interest in 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2'