New 'Sin City 2' Trailer Spotlights Creator Frank Miller
The star of the latest tease for the comic book crime adaptation is none other than the writer and artist behind the series.
Despite appearances by Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Eva Green and Josh Brolin, the true star of the latest trailer for Sin City: A Dame to Kill For may just be the series’ creator, Frank Miller.
Not only does the comic book writer and artist get credited in the movie’s full title (Frank Miller’s Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, for the curious), but he’s also credited two other times in the new trailer, as co-director (with Robert Rodriguez) and writer; his artwork also appears in title cards identifying the main characters in the long-awaited follow-up to 2005’s Sin City.
In addition to playing to Miller’s ego, the new trailer also works as an introduction for newcomers both to the morally murky world of the (predominantly) black-and-white uber-noir world, and the storylines contained in this adaptation of Miller’s comic book series, with the relationships between Marv, Nancy, Dwight and the other characters laid out for those who’ve never visited the crime-filled city before.
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For will be released Aug. 22.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Charlie Hunnam Speaks Up About 'Sons of Anarchy' Emmy Snubs at FX TCA Panel
- Daniel Radcliffe Premieres 'What If' in Toronto After Closing Out Broadway's 'Cripple of Inishmaan'
- Selena Gomez & Cara Delevingne are Saint-Tropez Bikini Babes!
- LeAnn Rimes & Eddie Cibrian Missed His Kids So Much During Reality Show Promo Trip