New 'Sin City 2' Trailer Spotlights Creator Frank Miller
The star of the latest tease for the comic book crime adaptation is none other than the writer and artist behind the series.
Despite appearances by Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Eva Green and Josh Brolin, the true star of the latest trailer for Sin City: A Dame to Kill For may just be the series’ creator, Frank Miller.
Not only does the comic book writer and artist get credited in the movie’s full title (Frank Miller’s Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, for the curious), but he’s also credited two other times in the new trailer, as co-director (with Robert Rodriguez) and writer; his artwork also appears in title cards identifying the main characters in the long-awaited follow-up to 2005’s Sin City.
In addition to playing to Miller’s ego, the new trailer also works as an introduction for newcomers both to the morally murky world of the (predominantly) black-and-white uber-noir world, and the storylines contained in this adaptation of Miller’s comic book series, with the relationships between Marv, Nancy, Dwight and the other characters laid out for those who’ve never visited the crime-filled city before.
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For will be released Aug. 22.
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
Follow Heat Vision
- Dark Graphic Novella Pays Tribute To The 10th Anniversary Of Arcade Fire's 'Funeral'
- Scientists Show Hitchcock Thriller To 'Vegetative' Man, Get Big Surprise
- Nick Jonas On How Fans Have Helped Him Transition From Band Member To Solo Artist
- Kim Kardashian Asks Nasim Pedrad About That 'SNL' Impression
- Jenny McCarthy Hasn't Watched 'The View' Yet: 'I've Been Hearing Mixed Reviews'
- Kirsten Dunst Doesn't Like Watching Herself On Screen
- Ariana Grande's Rumored Boyfriend Big Sean Says They Have 'Great Chemistry'
- Julianna Margulies & Jimmy Fallon Are Hilarious School Principals Who Sing the Morning Announcements (Video)