New 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Teaser: One-Liners and Lively Action
The J.J. Abrams-directed sequel hits U.S. theaters on May 17.
The latest trailer for J.J. Abrams next entry in the Star Trek series ditches the ominous tone of previous teasers in favor of rollicking action.
The clip opens with a familiar sequence seen in the first trailer, Captain Kirk (Chris Pine) running and jumping off a cliff into an ocean, that's been revealed as a chase sequence (via The Playlist).
From there, Kirk gets lectured on breaking the rules, Benedict Cumberbatch's presumed villain delivers some glowering looks and some spaceship hijinks result in a one-liner delivered by Spock (Zachary Quinto). There's even an Enterprise warp drive scene as the teaser draws to a close.
The sci-fi tentpole release, produced by Paramount, hits U.S. theaters on May 17.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game