New 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Teaser: One-Liners and Lively Action
The J.J. Abrams-directed sequel hits U.S. theaters on May 17.
The latest trailer for J.J. Abrams next entry in the Star Trek series ditches the ominous tone of previous teasers in favor of rollicking action.
The clip opens with a familiar sequence seen in the first trailer, Captain Kirk (Chris Pine) running and jumping off a cliff into an ocean, that's been revealed as a chase sequence (via The Playlist).
From there, Kirk gets lectured on breaking the rules, Benedict Cumberbatch's presumed villain delivers some glowering looks and some spaceship hijinks result in a one-liner delivered by Spock (Zachary Quinto). There's even an Enterprise warp drive scene as the teaser draws to a close.
The sci-fi tentpole release, produced by Paramount, hits U.S. theaters on May 17.
Fall TV Preview
Follow Heat Vision
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Lindsay Lohan Dazzles Us With Her Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Nicole Scherzinger Leaves Ibiza After Displaying Her Fabulous Figure in a Teeny Bikini
- Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Shine Bright at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014