New Trailer Announces 'Mortal Kombat X' for 2015 (Video)
Video heralds new installment of the long-lived game series, to be released next year.
For the past few weeks, Mortal Kombat co-creator Ed Boon has been teasing a follow-up to the 2011 reboot of the classic video game Mortal Kombat, and today a teaser video made it official: Mortal Kombat X is coming in 2015.
The video, “Who’s Next?”, features an exclusive track by Wiz Khalifa titled “Can’t Be Stopped,” as familiar characters Scorpion and Sub-Zero face off in a particularly violent fight that ultimately lives up to the game’s title. (For those who don’t want to see bones break and heads decapitated in almost photo-realistic detail, you might want to skip the video below.)
NetherRealm, the studio behind last year’s Injustice: Gods Among Us featuring the DC super heroes as well as the 2011 Mortal Kombat reboot, developed the new game, but neither release date nor platforms have been officially announced beyond mention of “2015” in the video. However, the game already is available for pre-order for Xbox One, Xbox 360, as well as PlayStation 3 and 4 and PC.
The announcement trailer below is not for the faint of heart.
Fall TV Preview
Follow Heat Vision
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Lindsay Lohan Dazzles Us With Her Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Nicole Scherzinger Leaves Ibiza After Displaying Her Fabulous Figure in a Teeny Bikini
- Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Shine Bright at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014