'The New West' Headed to the Big Screen
Benderspink is joining forces with Wizard magazine founder Gareb Shamus to option the screen rights to the comic book.
Benderspink is teaming up with Wizard Magazine founder Gareb Shamus to option the screen rights to Black Bull Media’s comic book The New West.
Written by Jimmy Palmiotti and art by Phil Noto, the two-issue comic was set in a near-future Los Angeles where an electromagnetic pulse bomb has causes all technology to stop working. In this hostile environment a disgraced former LAPD detective must rescue a kidnapped mayor with only a horse and a sword.
Benderspink’s Chris Bender, JC Spink and Jake Weiner will produce with Shamus.
Black Bull Entertainment was the publishing imprint of Wizard Entertainment, Shamus’ empire begun in 1991 that grew to inlcude conventions, a comic and toy price guide, and a broad array of magazines that have since gone digital.
Benderspink, whose credits range from comic book adaptation A History of Violence to the in-production comedy Burt Wonderstone, recently pacted with Arcana to create a line of comics ripe for film adaptation.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wants Autographed Pic Of Himself & Nelson Mandela
- Adrian Grenier Wants Everyone to Recycle & Take Care Of the Ocean!
- Rosario Dawson & Chrissy Teigen Stun at Belgian National Day Celebration
- Azealia Banks Teases New Single 'Heavy Metal & Reflective' After Partying with Tinie Tempah!