New 'Wreck-It Ralph' Trailer Offers Sonic, Yoshi and More Video Game Stars (Video)
The upcoming computer-animated Disney film embraces some of the most beloved characters in gaming history.
Kids of the '80s and '90s, get ready to take a walk down virtual memory lane.
Disney has released another trailer for Wreck-It Ralph, the November-dated animated film that embraces and deploys some iconic gaming characters. Voiced by John C. Reilly, Ralph is a smashing, Donkey Kong-style '80s arcade villain (but not bad guy) on an existential quest through a worlds of bits, blips and massive guns.
Gamers will notice roles from characters such as Yoshi and Bowser (the Mario franchise), Sonic and Dr. Robotnick (Sonic the Hedgehog), Zangief (Street Fighter) and many more. How active their roles are remains to be seen, but we can think of some particularly useful spots for many of them, such as going super fast, punching things, kidnapping rabbits and licking everything.
Sarah Silverman, Jane Lynch, Ed O'Neil, Jack McBrayer and many others also have voice roles in the flick.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR