Warner Bros. Prepping Top Secret Sci-Fi Project 'The Wind' (Exclusive)
Commercials director Nic Mathieu will make his directorial debut with the project scripted by "Men in Black 3" writer David Koepp.
Commercials director Nic Mathieu will make his directorial debut with The Wind, an original sci-fi project set up at Warner Bros.
A-list writer David Koepp, who worked on Men in Black 3, penned the script and is producing the project, which is being developed under the radar at the studio. Plot details are being kept secret, though the story is known to be set in a space colony.
Warners typically works with established filmmakers, but Mathieu is a rare exception. He has been wowing execs in the commercials world with spots known for his expert use of CG effects. One of his more recognizable ads was the 2004 Super Bowl spot for Cadillac, titled "Turbulence."
Mathieu has been described by Warners insiders as having a strong point of view as a filmmaker. He made an impressive and confident presentation for Wind, which the studio has decided to develop as a feature.
Sarah Schechter is overseeing Wind for Warners.
Mathieu is repped by WME, Anonymous Content and Loeb & Loeb.
Watch Mathieu's Zenith "Stellar" ad below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws