Noir Thriller 'Silent Cry' Picked Up for North American Distribution
Music Video Distribution inks a deal with Jinga Films for the Emily Woof and Douglas Henshall starrer, directed by Julian Richards.
LONDON – Urban noir film Silent Cry, starring Emily Woof and Douglas Henshall, has been snapped up by Music Video Distribution for North America.
U.K. sales and distribution genre specialist banner Jinga Films also sealed deals for the movie with Zeno Pictures for Benelux and Njutafilms for Scandinavia.
The film follows a young mother who refuses to believe that her newborn baby died from cot death. After being told by a hospital worker that her baby was switched with a prostitute's stillborn child, she embarks on an investigation into a seedy underworld that exposes corruption and murder in the medical world.
The film also stars Kevin Whately, Clive Russell, Frank Finlay, Craig Kelly and Steve Sweeney.
Written by Simon Lubert, Silent Cry is directed by Julian Richards, produced by Peter La Terriere and Tim Dennison, and executive produced by Keith Hayley and Robert Bevan.
All other territories are represented for sales by Screen Media Ventures.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws