Noomi Rapace Gets Her 'Prometheus' Introduction in New Promo Clip (Video)
Ridley Scott's "Alien" precursor continues its viral campaign with a tease of Rapace's archaeologist character.
Meet Dr. Elizabeth Shaw.
In a continuation of what is the most active and revelatory internet marketing campaign for a film in recent memory, Ridley Scott and Fox have released a new video clip that introduces audiences more thoroughly to Noomi Rapace's character, the archaeologist whose insistence helps propel the story forward.
Rapace, who first became famous for starring in the three original Swedish Girl with the Dragon Tattoo films, worked to master a British accent for the role, which she shows off in her delicate yet unbowed video appeal. The shoot, which spanned three continents, was a physical challenge for the cast, and left Rapace with some inconvenient injuries.
“I was hanging in a harness and thrown around," she tells The Hollywood Reporter in the current cover feature about Scott. "There were so many cuts and bruises, I don’t even remember them. When I finished, my knees were filled with liquid, and I had some nasty thing hanging from my elbow.”
Email: Jordan.Zakarin@THR.com; Twitter: @JordanZakarin
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David