Noomi Rapace to Star Opposite Will Smith in 'Brilliance'
Legendary is behind the adaptation of the Marcus Sakey novel.
Noomi Rapace is in negotiations to join Will Smith in Brilliance, the adaptation of the Marcus Sakey novel being made by Legendary Entertainment.
Julius Onah is directing the project, which has a script by David Koepp. Joe Roth, Thomas Tull, and Jon Jashni are producing.
The book takes place in a world where a minority set of people are born with extraordinary abilities and are called "brilliants." A panic sets in among the human majority, bringing the world to a civil war, which is exactly what a nefarious faction wants.
Smith is playing a federal agent, a brilliant with great hunting gifts who is drafted to hunt down a terrorist, another such brilliant who intends to start the civil war.
Rapace will play a tattooed and pierced brilliant that is identified as a terrorist by the government.
Universal will release the feature project, which is aiming for a summer start.
Rapace made a name for herself as the tough and tattooed hacker Lisbeth Salander in the Scandinavian The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo movies. She was last seen in Dead Man Down with Colin Farrell and has the crime thriller Child 44, with Tom Hardy and Joel Kinnaman, in the can.
She is repped by CAA and Magnolia Entertainment.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!
- Will Smith Posted This Awesome Photo for Jada's 43rd Birthday!