'Oblivion' Writer Tackling Working Title's 'Viking'
Karl Gajdusek will rewrite the script, which has Icelandic director Baltasar Kormakur attached.
Karl Gajdusek has been tapped to rewrite Viking for Working Title.
Baltasar Kormakur, the Icelandic helmer who’s in post on Universal’s Contraband thriller, is attached to direct the project which is meant to be in the vein of Braveheart and Apocalypto but set in the world of the horned-helmeted warriors.
The story involves the savage Norsemen bringing Irish slaves to Iceland.
Gajdusek, repped by Verve, wrote the upcoming Nicole Kidman-Nicolas Cage thriller Trespass, and worked on the Liam Neeson thriller Unknown. He wrote on Oblivion, the sci-fi movie that is serving as Joe Kosinski’s follow-up to Tron: Legacy and will star Tom Cruise.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)