It's Official: Stan Lee to Appear on 'Marvel's Agents of SHIELD' (Exclusive Photo)
After weeks of speculation, the comic book legend tells THR he will have a "big role" in an upcoming episode.
After weeks of speculation, Stan Lee has confirmed that he will appear in an upcoming episode of ABC's Marvel's Agents of SHIELD.
While details on just whom he will play are unclear, Lee -- who also serves as an executive producer on the freshman series -- tells The Hollywood Reporter that it's a "big role." The episode -- see the first-look photo above -- will most likely air Feb. 4, though that is subject to change.
Lee has made what he calls "a million cameos" in various Marvel movies, from the Iron Man trilogy to The Avengers to the various Spider-Man films. Among the Marvel features he's appeared in, he's always played featured extras with minor speaking roles, including a mailman and a rejected wedding guest in the two Fantastic Four movies.
His TV appearances have included a stint as himself on The Big Bang Theory.
Next up, Lee takes on his first starring role in the animated movie Stan Lee's Mighty 7, in which he mentors a group of superheroes while writing about their adventures in comic books. It's set to premiere on Hub Network at 8 p.m. Feb. 1.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Comic-Con: Everything Benedict Cumberbatch Said That Made Women Scream
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet
- Evangeline Lilly Gets Candid About Lost, Writing, and Comic-Book Breasts