Ohio State Marching Band Pays Tribute to 'Man of Steel,' Harry Potter (Video)
The band's "Hollywood Blockbusters"-themed halftime show featured some impressive formations that also referenced "Jurassic Park" and "Pirates of the Caribbean."
The Ohio State University marching band paid tribute to Hollywood over the weekend with an impressive halftime performance.
Saturday's halftime show of the Ohio State-Penn State football game was themed "Hollywood Blockbusters." During its performance, the band played theme songs from such movies as Jurassic Park (John Williams), Man of Steel (Hans Zimmer) and the Harry Potter movies (Williams, again).
But what really impressed those watching the show was the band's various formations, including the Superman tribute, during which the band split into two groups -- one of which formed a leaning skyscraper while the other one took the shape of Superman flying to save the building.
In the Jurassic Park segment, the band takes the shape of a dinosaur -- and eats one of its own, while the Harry Potter tribute involves a flying quidditch player.
The performance ends with a clever jab at Ohio's rival, Michigan, via a Pirates of the Caribbean tribute.
Video of the halftime show has been viewed nearly 2.5 million times on YouTube so far.
Watch the video below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR