Oni Press Sneaks 'Premature Release' Edition of 'The Auteur' at NYCC
The Oregon-based publisher will debut a new series about a failed movie producer five months early at next week's convention.
Next week's New York Comic-Con will offer attendees the chance to hear about many upcoming projects months ahead of their debuts, but one publisher will go a step further, letting fans buy something almost half a year ahead of its official release.
Oni Press, publishers of Scott Pilgrim, The Sixth Gun and The Mysterious Strangers, announced today that a limited-run The Auteur #1 Premature Release Edition will be exclusively available at the convention, months ahead of the series' official debut in March 2014.
The new series by creators Rick Spears and James Callahan centers around Nathan T. Rex, a "disgraced Hollywood superproducer" on what Oni describes as a "quest for celluloid immortality." The publisher promises that readers of the series "won't know whether to laugh, cry, read faster or soil themselves, but if our math is correct, they'll be doing all four."
New York Comic-Con runs from October 10 through 13 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR