Oni Releases 'Down Set Fight' Early Through Digital Distribution
The new graphic novel about sports mascots gone bad gets a digital serialization six weeks ahead of its print release.
When the going gets tough, the tough gets punching -- seemingly one of the lessons from Down Set Fight, a new graphic novel from Scott Pilgrim and The Sixth Gun publishers, Oni Press, due for release next month. For readers of digital comics, however, the future is now -- Oni has announced that the title will get an early serialized release through ComiXology.
Down Set Fight, by Chris Sims, Chad Bowers and Scott Kowalchuk, tells the story of Chuck Fairlane, a man whose quiet life of high school football coaching keeps getting disrupted by his past. What makes this story different from other, similar, efforts is that Fairlane's past comes in the form of countless football mascots who want to fight him for mysterious reasons.
Ahead of the print release of the full graphic novel on February 12, Down Set Fight will be released digitally across six weekly issues, each one for $1.99. The first digital issue is available now, with subsequent releases each Tuesday through February 11. It'll leave you wanting to take on the closest football mascot yourself, but don't follow that impulse.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack