Open Road Picks Up Marlon Wayans' Spoof 'A Haunted House'
The company sets a January 11, 2013 release date.
Open Road Films and Endgame Entertainment have picked up the distribution rights to Marlon Wayans’ horror spoof movie A Haunted House, setting a January 11, 2013 release date.
The deal was made with IM Global, who financed and produced the picture via its genre label Octane.
Wayans, who has spoof credits such as Scary Movie and its sequel plus Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood, co-wrote the movie and stars in it with Essense Atkins, David Koechner and Nick Swardson.
The movie, directed by Michael Tiddes, parodies the supernatural found footage genre.
Open Road’s next release is End of Watch, the crime thriller starring Jake Gyllenhaal and Michael Pena. Endgame is behind Looper, Riann Johnson’s sci-fi action movie starring Bruce Willis and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. TriStar and Film District open the movie September 28.
CAA packaged and sold domestic rights to the film.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Conversations with Billy Gilman, Ernest Ranglin, Mary Sarah and Gangstagrass' Rench, Plus Ben Jaimen's "Satellites" Exclusive
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public