Open Road Picks Up Marlon Wayans' Spoof 'A Haunted House'
The company sets a January 11, 2013 release date.
Open Road Films and Endgame Entertainment have picked up the distribution rights to Marlon Wayans’ horror spoof movie A Haunted House, setting a January 11, 2013 release date.
The deal was made with IM Global, who financed and produced the picture via its genre label Octane.
Wayans, who has spoof credits such as Scary Movie and its sequel plus Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood, co-wrote the movie and stars in it with Essense Atkins, David Koechner and Nick Swardson.
The movie, directed by Michael Tiddes, parodies the supernatural found footage genre.
Open Road’s next release is End of Watch, the crime thriller starring Jake Gyllenhaal and Michael Pena. Endgame is behind Looper, Riann Johnson’s sci-fi action movie starring Bruce Willis and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. TriStar and Film District open the movie September 28.
CAA packaged and sold domestic rights to the film.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR