'Oz the Great and Powerful' Super Bowl Spot Hits Online (Video)
James Franco strikes a heroic pose in Sam Raimi’s origin story.
“Am I dreaming?” asks James Franco in the Super Bowl spot for Disney's Oz the Great and Powerful.
The ad sees his character (the future Wizard of Oz) transported from the black and white of Dust Bowl-era Kansas to the CG-rendered world of Oz. And apparently he’s arrived just in time: “You’re the only one strong enough to save us all,” Evanora (Rachel Weisz) tells him.
The 30-second spot also gives us a tantalizing glimpse of a certain broom-riding witch that will look familiar to fans of The Wizard of Oz.
The film from director Sam Raimi also stars Mila Kunis and Michelle Williams. It’s scheduled for a March 8 release.
Watch the spot below.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!
- Will Smith Posted This Awesome Photo for Jada's 43rd Birthday!