'Oz the Great and Powerful' Super Bowl Spot Hits Online (Video)
James Franco strikes a heroic pose in Sam Raimi’s origin story.
“Am I dreaming?” asks James Franco in the Super Bowl spot for Disney's Oz the Great and Powerful.
The ad sees his character (the future Wizard of Oz) transported from the black and white of Dust Bowl-era Kansas to the CG-rendered world of Oz. And apparently he’s arrived just in time: “You’re the only one strong enough to save us all,” Evanora (Rachel Weisz) tells him.
The 30-second spot also gives us a tantalizing glimpse of a certain broom-riding witch that will look familiar to fans of The Wizard of Oz.
The film from director Sam Raimi also stars Mila Kunis and Michelle Williams. It’s scheduled for a March 8 release.
Watch the spot below.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Sexual Harassment At Comic-Con Leads To Call For New Convention Policy
- A Conversation with CBS This Morning's Anthony Mason, Plus Chase Rice, Gentle Giant's Derek Shulman & William Gage Blanton
- The 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' Trailer Is Here To Fight
- Robert Davi: Singing the Songs He Loves in a Place He Loves
- Kesha Gets Picked Up By Boyfriend Brad Ashenfelter at LAX Airport
- Sleepy Hollow's Tom Mison & Nicole Beharie Take San Diego Comic-Con by Storm
- Chloe Moretz Wins Fans Favorite Actress Award at Young Hollywood Awards 2014!
- Ian Somerhalder: 'The Vampire Diaries' Wins Best Threesome at Young Hollywood Awards 2014!