'Oz the Great and Powerful' Super Bowl Spot Hits Online (Video)
James Franco strikes a heroic pose in Sam Raimi’s origin story.
“Am I dreaming?” asks James Franco in the Super Bowl spot for Disney's Oz the Great and Powerful.
The ad sees his character (the future Wizard of Oz) transported from the black and white of Dust Bowl-era Kansas to the CG-rendered world of Oz. And apparently he’s arrived just in time: “You’re the only one strong enough to save us all,” Evanora (Rachel Weisz) tells him.
The 30-second spot also gives us a tantalizing glimpse of a certain broom-riding witch that will look familiar to fans of The Wizard of Oz.
The film from director Sam Raimi also stars Mila Kunis and Michelle Williams. It’s scheduled for a March 8 release.
Watch the spot below.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR