'Oz the Great and Powerful' Trailer Sweeps James Franco to Mila Kunis and Michelle Williams (Video)
Starring Franco as the iconic magician, Disney's prequel, directed by Sam Raimi, looks to be a very colorful, ambitious event.
Now more than 110 years since first casting his magic in L. Frank Baum's novel, and over 70 since he first appeared on screen, the Wizard of Oz's origin story will finally be unveiled.
The first trailer for Disney's epic fantasy prequel, Oz the Great and Powerful has finally hit the web, after a first teaser look was debut last July. Like the original Judy Garland-starring film, the movie starts in black and white during scenes in Kansas, and then takes on fantastical, colorful visuals once the protagonist is swept to the fantasy land of Oz.
This time, though, Dorothy is nowhere to be seen; the focus is on the Wizard. A bit of a plains con-man using sleight of hand tricks to make his living, a tornado takes him to a land beyond dusty earth. There he finds three witches, played by Mila Kunis, Rachel Weiss and Michelle Williams -- and unimginable wealth.
But he'll have to conjure up some real magic to defeat the wicked witch to earn the vault of gold.
The film hits theaters in March.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Pedro Pascal Really Wishes He Were Still On 'Game Of Thrones,' Even In Small Part
- Morgan Freeman And Jimmy Fallon Talking On Helium Will Make Your Day
- Conversations with Billy Gilman, Ernest Ranglin, Mary Sarah and Gangstagrass' Rench, Plus Ben Jaimen's "Satellites" Exclusive
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet