'Oz the Great and Powerful' Trailer Sweeps James Franco to Mila Kunis and Michelle Williams (Video)
Starring Franco as the iconic magician, Disney's prequel, directed by Sam Raimi, looks to be a very colorful, ambitious event.
Now more than 110 years since first casting his magic in L. Frank Baum's novel, and over 70 since he first appeared on screen, the Wizard of Oz's origin story will finally be unveiled.
The first trailer for Disney's epic fantasy prequel, Oz the Great and Powerful has finally hit the web, after a first teaser look was debut last July. Like the original Judy Garland-starring film, the movie starts in black and white during scenes in Kansas, and then takes on fantastical, colorful visuals once the protagonist is swept to the fantasy land of Oz.
This time, though, Dorothy is nowhere to be seen; the focus is on the Wizard. A bit of a plains con-man using sleight of hand tricks to make his living, a tornado takes him to a land beyond dusty earth. There he finds three witches, played by Mila Kunis, Rachel Weiss and Michelle Williams -- and unimginable wealth.
But he'll have to conjure up some real magic to defeat the wicked witch to earn the vault of gold.
The film hits theaters in March.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR