'Pacific Rim' WonderCon Trailer: Two Pilots Are Better Than One (Video)
The clip shown at the convention in March explains how the giant robots will be piloted in Guillermo del Toro's highly anticipated sci-fi action film.
At WonderCon in March, director Guillermo del Toro introduced brand-new footage of his big robots-vs.-aliens film, Pacific Rim.
That two-and-a-half-minute trailer finally has made its way to the web, giving audiences a better understanding of the film's premise and how these larger-than-life robots actually will work.
Through voice-over from Charlie Hunnam, we learn that a group of humans has been enlisted to pilot giant robots who can hopefully defeat the invaders.
Hunnam describes the Jaeger program as "two pilots, mind-melding through memories, the body of a machine."
Del Toro spoke at CinemaCon in April, explaining how significant this film has been to his career.
“The experience of making this movie has changed my life,” he told the crowd before the footage screened. “The movie comes out from the deepest part of my being that is full of love. The 12-year-old kid who is in love with giant monsters.”
Hunnam, Ron Perlman and Idris Alba star in Warner Bros.' action epic, which hits theaters July 11.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR