Paramount Picks Up Top-Secret 'Almanac' Project With Michael Bay Producing (Exclusive)
The found-footage project was written by first-timers Andrew Stark and Jason Pagan and has Dean Israelite attached to direct.
Paramount has picked up Almanac, a top-secret found-footage project with Michael Bay and his Platinum Dunes cohorts Andrew Form and Brad Fuller on board to produce.
Dean Israelite, who would be making his feature directorial debut, is attached to helm the project, which was written by first-time writers Andrew Stark and Jason Pagan.
The duo wrote the script on spec and spent the past year developing it with Platinum Dunes.
No details about Almanac were given other than it is intended to be a found-footage project and that Paramount intends to move aggressively and swiftly with it.
Israelite is a cousin of Jonathan Liebesman, a frequent Platinum Dunes collaborator now attached to direct Ninja Turtles for the banner and Paramount. Israelite is an AFI grad and a winner of several student Emmy awards, the last one for a short titled Acholiland. He is repped by CAA, Principato-Young Entertainment and Bloom Hergott.
Stark and Pagan are repped by WME, which also reps Platinum Dunes.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)