Paramount Picks Up Top-Secret 'Almanac' Project With Michael Bay Producing (Exclusive)
The found-footage project was written by first-timers Andrew Stark and Jason Pagan and has Dean Israelite attached to direct.
Paramount has picked up Almanac, a top-secret found-footage project with Michael Bay and his Platinum Dunes cohorts Andrew Form and Brad Fuller on board to produce.
Dean Israelite, who would be making his feature directorial debut, is attached to helm the project, which was written by first-time writers Andrew Stark and Jason Pagan.
The duo wrote the script on spec and spent the past year developing it with Platinum Dunes.
No details about Almanac were given other than it is intended to be a found-footage project and that Paramount intends to move aggressively and swiftly with it.
Israelite is a cousin of Jonathan Liebesman, a frequent Platinum Dunes collaborator now attached to direct Ninja Turtles for the banner and Paramount. Israelite is an AFI grad and a winner of several student Emmy awards, the last one for a short titled Acholiland. He is repped by CAA, Principato-Young Entertainment and Bloom Hergott.
Stark and Pagan are repped by WME, which also reps Platinum Dunes.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama