Paramount Picks Up Top-Secret 'Almanac' Project With Michael Bay Producing (Exclusive)
The found-footage project was written by first-timers Andrew Stark and Jason Pagan and has Dean Israelite attached to direct.
Paramount has picked up Almanac, a top-secret found-footage project with Michael Bay and his Platinum Dunes cohorts Andrew Form and Brad Fuller on board to produce.
Dean Israelite, who would be making his feature directorial debut, is attached to helm the project, which was written by first-time writers Andrew Stark and Jason Pagan.
The duo wrote the script on spec and spent the past year developing it with Platinum Dunes.
No details about Almanac were given other than it is intended to be a found-footage project and that Paramount intends to move aggressively and swiftly with it.
Israelite is a cousin of Jonathan Liebesman, a frequent Platinum Dunes collaborator now attached to direct Ninja Turtles for the banner and Paramount. Israelite is an AFI grad and a winner of several student Emmy awards, the last one for a short titled Acholiland. He is repped by CAA, Principato-Young Entertainment and Bloom Hergott.
Stark and Pagan are repped by WME, which also reps Platinum Dunes.
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- 5 Seconds Of Summer's Calum Hood Sends Naked Snapchat, Then Shrugs It Off With Emoticon
- Why Courtney Stodden Will Never Be Marilyn Monroe, In Her Own Words
- Ridley Scott Addresses 'Exodus' Casting Following Whitewash Backlash
- It's Labor Day, Which Means Your Future Best Picture Winner Might Already Be Here
- Chelsea Clinton Leaving NBC News to Focus On Her Baby & Other Work
- Margot Robbie Begins Filming 'Tarzan' After Mystery Boyfriend is Revealed!
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson & Wife Sam's Home Raided by Armed Police After Gun Spotted Inside
- Ariana Grande Performs 'Bang Bang' On 'Today' Show; Tells The World She's 'Happy' About Love Life