Paramount Picks Up Low-Budget Sci-Fi Project 'Equinox' (Exclusive)
Adam Mason and Simon Boyes, who wrote the upcoming Jason Blum-produced thriller "NSFW," are penning the screenplay.
Paramount’s low-budget genre Insurge label is going sci-fi with Equinox, which is being written by Adam Mason and Simon Boyes.
Project details are being kept secret but it is being described as “Dead Calm in space,” according to sources. Calm, released in 1989, was an enclosed thriller set on a boat which pitted a married couple against a murderer. It starred Nicole Kidman, Sam Neill and Billy Zane.
Stefan Sonnenfeld of Sunny Field Entertainment, who worked on Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunter, is producing with Bryan Brucks. Sunny Field’s Sarah Perlman Bremner is executive producing.
Mason and Boyes are Brits who are now living in Los Angeles. The duo previously wrote NSFW, a low-budget thriller produced by Jason Blum and directed by Joe Johnston (Captain America) that is in post-production and will be released by Universal.
Mason and Boyes are repped by WME, Brucks of Luber Roklin Entertainment, and attorney Sean Marks of Myman Greenspan.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Gerard Depardieu Says He Can Drink 14 Bottles Of Wine In A Day
- Conan Introduces Apple's U2 Removal Service Because Deleting That Free Album Isn't Enough
- 'Too Long; Didn't Listen' Ep. 2: Talking Online Satire With Joe Garden, Sarah Pappalardo & Anna Drezen
- Duke Porn Star Belle Knox Once Carved The Word 'Fat' Into Her Body
- Angelina Jolie Doubled the Number of British Women Getting Screened for Breast Cancer
- Jennifer Lopez's 'Booty' Video Receives Lots of Love From Celebs
- Jennifer Lawrence Leaves Rumored Boyfriend Chris Martin's Coldplay Concert (Photos)
- Kerry Washington, Jon Hamm, & More Celebrities Take a Stand Against Sexual Violence (Video)