Paramount Picks Up Low-Budget Sci-Fi Project 'Equinox' (Exclusive)
Adam Mason and Simon Boyes, who wrote the upcoming Jason Blum-produced thriller "NSFW," are penning the screenplay.
Paramount’s low-budget genre Insurge label is going sci-fi with Equinox, which is being written by Adam Mason and Simon Boyes.
Project details are being kept secret but it is being described as “Dead Calm in space,” according to sources. Calm, released in 1989, was an enclosed thriller set on a boat which pitted a married couple against a murderer. It starred Nicole Kidman, Sam Neill and Billy Zane.
Stefan Sonnenfeld of Sunny Field Entertainment, who worked on Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunter, is producing with Bryan Brucks. Sunny Field’s Sarah Perlman Bremner is executive producing.
Mason and Boyes are Brits who are now living in Los Angeles. The duo previously wrote NSFW, a low-budget thriller produced by Jason Blum and directed by Joe Johnston (Captain America) that is in post-production and will be released by Universal.
Mason and Boyes are repped by WME, Brucks of Luber Roklin Entertainment, and attorney Sean Marks of Myman Greenspan.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack