Paramount Picks Up Low-Budget Sci-Fi Project 'Equinox' (Exclusive)
Adam Mason and Simon Boyes, who wrote the upcoming Jason Blum-produced thriller "NSFW," are penning the screenplay.
Paramount’s low-budget genre Insurge label is going sci-fi with Equinox, which is being written by Adam Mason and Simon Boyes.
Project details are being kept secret but it is being described as “Dead Calm in space,” according to sources. Calm, released in 1989, was an enclosed thriller set on a boat which pitted a married couple against a murderer. It starred Nicole Kidman, Sam Neill and Billy Zane.
Stefan Sonnenfeld of Sunny Field Entertainment, who worked on Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunter, is producing with Bryan Brucks. Sunny Field’s Sarah Perlman Bremner is executive producing.
Mason and Boyes are Brits who are now living in Los Angeles. The duo previously wrote NSFW, a low-budget thriller produced by Jason Blum and directed by Joe Johnston (Captain America) that is in post-production and will be released by Universal.
Mason and Boyes are repped by WME, Brucks of Luber Roklin Entertainment, and attorney Sean Marks of Myman Greenspan.
Fall TV Preview
Follow Heat Vision
- Cersei's Major 'Game Of Thrones' Nude Scene Is Officially Going To Happen
- Kim Kardashian Takes Her Crop Top To The Next Level With A Deep V-Neck
- Famous Women Point Out Exactly Why Leaking Nude Photos Is So Very Wrong
- Melissa Rivers Confirms Mother Joan Is On Life Support, Thanks Fans For Their Kindness
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley & Jason Statham Grab Brunch in Malibu for Labor Day!
- Uma Thurman Joins Co-Stars to Premiere 'Nymphomaniac - Vol. II' at Venice Film Festival
- Sofia Vergara & Joe Manganiello Hold Hands After Romantic Mexico Getaway
- Lady Gaga Reunites with Pet Pooch Asia at LAX Airport - Watch the Adorable Video!