Paramount Picks Up Secret Pitch 'Supermax' for 'Pacific Rim' Producer (Exclusive)
Executive-turned-scribe Marc Haimes is behind the found-footage project, which has Mary Parent on board to produce.
Paramount has picked up Supermax, a pitch from executive-turned-scribe Marc Haimes.
Mary Parent is producing via her Paramount-based Disruption Entertainment banner.
The lid is shut tight on Supermax’s plot, but it is described as a high-concept, found-footage project.
Luke Ryan and David Whitney brought it in and will oversee for Disruption.
While the project may be secret, Haimes’ credits reveal it's likely to be deep in genre territory. The scribe, who spent years as a DreamWorks exec before turning to the typewriter, has an action project titled Jitters set up at Paramount.
And he is currently writing a remake of the Norwegian monster movie Trollhunter for Chris Columbus’ 1492 with Harald Zwart attached to direct and is writing an animation film for Laika. He is repped by WME, Management 360 and Bloom, Hergott.
Parent is currently in monster movie mode, being in post on Guillermo del Toro’s Pacific Rim and having just begun shooting Godzilla.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David