Paramount Picks Up Secret Pitch 'Supermax' for 'Pacific Rim' Producer (Exclusive)
Executive-turned-scribe Marc Haimes is behind the found-footage project, which has Mary Parent on board to produce.
Paramount has picked up Supermax, a pitch from executive-turned-scribe Marc Haimes.
Mary Parent is producing via her Paramount-based Disruption Entertainment banner.
The lid is shut tight on Supermax’s plot, but it is described as a high-concept, found-footage project.
Luke Ryan and David Whitney brought it in and will oversee for Disruption.
While the project may be secret, Haimes’ credits reveal it's likely to be deep in genre territory. The scribe, who spent years as a DreamWorks exec before turning to the typewriter, has an action project titled Jitters set up at Paramount.
And he is currently writing a remake of the Norwegian monster movie Trollhunter for Chris Columbus’ 1492 with Harald Zwart attached to direct and is writing an animation film for Laika. He is repped by WME, Management 360 and Bloom, Hergott.
Parent is currently in monster movie mode, being in post on Guillermo del Toro’s Pacific Rim and having just begun shooting Godzilla.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack