Paramount Developing Post-Apocalyptic Road Movie with Shawn Levy (Exclusive)
The studio picks up 'Monster Problems' from Brian Duffield, the writer of Black List script "Jane Got a Gun," with Levy and his 21 Laps producing.
Paramount is in negotiations to pick up Monster Problems, a spec script by Brian Duffield for Shawn Levy and his 21 Laps banner to produce.
Details are being kept under lock and key, but the project has been described as a post-apocalyptic road movie in the vein of Mad Max and Zombieland with a John Hughes-esque love story at its center.
Billy Rosenberg and Dan Cohen will oversee the project at 21 Laps.
Sources peg the deal as in the low-against-mid six figures.
Duffield, repped by Gersh and Circle of Confusion, is behind the Black List script Jane Got a Gun that has attracted Natalie Portman as star and producer and Lynne Ramsey directing. His romantic comedy Your Bridemaid’s a Bitch, set up at Skydance, recently saw Eli Craig board as director.
Levy, the director of Night at the Museum and Date Night, is a eyeing a July start for his next movie, Fox comedy The Internship, which will reteam Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson. 21 Laps is producing the coming-of-age indie The Spectacular Now and the Fox 2000 Christmas comedy Alone for the Holidays.
Paramount had no comment.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'