Paramount Developing Post-Apocalyptic Road Movie with Shawn Levy (Exclusive)
The studio picks up 'Monster Problems' from Brian Duffield, the writer of Black List script "Jane Got a Gun," with Levy and his 21 Laps producing.
Paramount is in negotiations to pick up Monster Problems, a spec script by Brian Duffield for Shawn Levy and his 21 Laps banner to produce.
Details are being kept under lock and key, but the project has been described as a post-apocalyptic road movie in the vein of Mad Max and Zombieland with a John Hughes-esque love story at its center.
Billy Rosenberg and Dan Cohen will oversee the project at 21 Laps.
Sources peg the deal as in the low-against-mid six figures.
Duffield, repped by Gersh and Circle of Confusion, is behind the Black List script Jane Got a Gun that has attracted Natalie Portman as star and producer and Lynne Ramsey directing. His romantic comedy Your Bridemaid’s a Bitch, set up at Skydance, recently saw Eli Craig board as director.
Levy, the director of Night at the Museum and Date Night, is a eyeing a July start for his next movie, Fox comedy The Internship, which will reteam Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson. 21 Laps is producing the coming-of-age indie The Spectacular Now and the Fox 2000 Christmas comedy Alone for the Holidays.
Paramount had no comment.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'