Paramount's 'G.I. Joe 2' Casts 'Friday Night Lights' Star Adrianne Palicki
The actress trades in Wonder Woman for another heroic role.
Adrianne Palicki is apparently having a heroic streak after NBC passed on the Wonder Woman pilot. The Friday Night Lights actress has been cast as another iconic heroine.
A spokesperson for Palicki confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that she’s joining G.I. Joe 2: Cobra Strikes in the lead role of Lady Jaye in the sequel directed by Jon M. Chu.
Palicki joins returning cast members Channing Tatum (Duke), Ray Park (Snake Eyes), and Byung-hun Lee (Storm Shadow) and new cast members RZA (Blind Master), D.J. Cotrona (Flint), Dwayne Johnson (Roadblock), and Elodie Yung (Jinx) for the sequel produced by Lorenzo di Bonaventura for Paramount.
Besides Friday Night Lights and the now dead-in-the-water Wonder Woman pilot, Palicki starred in Fox's short-lived Lone Star. Also, she stars in the feature film Red Dawn, debuting in theatres later this year.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack