'Paranormal Activity 3' Trailer Shows Retro Scares (Video)
The new trailer for the third film in Paramount's low-cost franchise appears to be shot on '80s-era video cameras.
The full trailer for Paramount's Paranormal Activity 3 is out and it reveals a film that's going totally retro.
The third film in the studio's very cheap, yet very successful, horror franchise goes back to the 1980s to show how the sisters in the first two films, Katie and Kristi (played there by Katie Featherston and Sprague Grayden) first encountered the invisible demon that plagued their lives.
Rather than the high end video and surveillance camera footage that comprised the first two films, this one was shot on old fashioned video camcorders, complete with the date and time stamp in the corner of the screen.
Paranormal Activity 3 is a bit of a departure from the first two films, in that it's directed by two actual documentarians, Henry Joost and Ariel Schulman of the Sundance smash Catfish.
The Paramount film will be released Oct. 21, 2011.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Weird Al Conquers Billboard Charts After Conquering the Internet
- Dear White People Trailer Nails Everything From Hair Touching to Taylor Swift
- It’s Sansa vs. Sansa in the Trailer for Sophie Turner’s New Movie
- The Real Housewives of New York City Finale Had One Amazing Moment Involving a Prosthetic Leg