'Paranormal Activity 3' Trailer Shows Retro Scares (Video)
The new trailer for the third film in Paramount's low-cost franchise appears to be shot on '80s-era video cameras.
The full trailer for Paramount's Paranormal Activity 3 is out and it reveals a film that's going totally retro.
The third film in the studio's very cheap, yet very successful, horror franchise goes back to the 1980s to show how the sisters in the first two films, Katie and Kristi (played there by Katie Featherston and Sprague Grayden) first encountered the invisible demon that plagued their lives.
Rather than the high end video and surveillance camera footage that comprised the first two films, this one was shot on old fashioned video camcorders, complete with the date and time stamp in the corner of the screen.
Paranormal Activity 3 is a bit of a departure from the first two films, in that it's directed by two actual documentarians, Henry Joost and Ariel Schulman of the Sundance smash Catfish.
The Paramount film will be released Oct. 21, 2011.
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Reese Witherspoon Loves Mindy Kaling's 'Wreath Witherspoon' Creation
- Ansel Elgort Responds To Rumors He's Gay: ‘I Like Girls, A Lot'
- Reading, PA's 'Ugly' Charlie Brown-Themed Christmas Tree Has More Holiday Spirit Than Most
- Aaron Sorkin, Judd Apatow Call 'The Interview' Decision An Attack On Free Speech
- 'Serial' Season One Finale Episode is Here - Listen Now & Find Out How it Ends!
- Scott Disick Goes Go Kart Racing After His Third Child's Birth
- James Franco Gets His Mind Off 'The Interview' with Lady Gaga's Help!
- Liam Neeson Brings 'Taken 3' to Berlin with Forest Whitaker for Premiere & Press Conference!