'Paranormal Activity 3' Trailer Shows Retro Scares (Video)
The new trailer for the third film in Paramount's low-cost franchise appears to be shot on '80s-era video cameras.
The full trailer for Paramount's Paranormal Activity 3 is out and it reveals a film that's going totally retro.
The third film in the studio's very cheap, yet very successful, horror franchise goes back to the 1980s to show how the sisters in the first two films, Katie and Kristi (played there by Katie Featherston and Sprague Grayden) first encountered the invisible demon that plagued their lives.
Rather than the high end video and surveillance camera footage that comprised the first two films, this one was shot on old fashioned video camcorders, complete with the date and time stamp in the corner of the screen.
Paranormal Activity 3 is a bit of a departure from the first two films, in that it's directed by two actual documentarians, Henry Joost and Ariel Schulman of the Sundance smash Catfish.
The Paramount film will be released Oct. 21, 2011.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram