'Paranormal Activity 3' Trailer Shows Retro Scares (Video)
The new trailer for the third film in Paramount's low-cost franchise appears to be shot on '80s-era video cameras.
The full trailer for Paramount's Paranormal Activity 3 is out and it reveals a film that's going totally retro.
The third film in the studio's very cheap, yet very successful, horror franchise goes back to the 1980s to show how the sisters in the first two films, Katie and Kristi (played there by Katie Featherston and Sprague Grayden) first encountered the invisible demon that plagued their lives.
Rather than the high end video and surveillance camera footage that comprised the first two films, this one was shot on old fashioned video camcorders, complete with the date and time stamp in the corner of the screen.
Paranormal Activity 3 is a bit of a departure from the first two films, in that it's directed by two actual documentarians, Henry Joost and Ariel Schulman of the Sundance smash Catfish.
The Paramount film will be released Oct. 21, 2011.
Sundance: On the Scene
Follow Heat Vision
- 13 New Photos From Game of Thrones Season 5
- An Open Letter to the Jerk at This Week’s Savages Show
- Casey Affleck and Matthias Schoenaerts to Explore the Beauty and Majesty of the American Wilderness for HBO’s Lewis and Clark
- Game of Thrones Season 5’s First Trailer Promises a Lot of Changes From the Book
- Elizabeth Olsen Supports Fight Against AIDS with Dita Von Teese & Conchita Wurst at Sidaction Gala Dinner 2015
- Zachary Quinto Supports Taylor Schilling & Peter Dinklage at 'A Month In the Country' Opening Night Party!
- Shirtless Eddie Redmayne Shows Off Impressive Six-Pack Abs in Sexy 'Jupiter Ascending' Still
- Amy Poehler Gets Epic Homecoming As Hasty Pudding's Woman of the Year 2015!