Patrick Dempsey Lobbies for Doctor Strange Role
The actor says he's interested in working with Marvel on a movie or TV show featuring the comic book sorcerer.
Patrick Dempsey is ready to move on from Grey's Anatomy.
The actor told the LA Times that he "would love to play Doctor Strange" in a potential movie or TV series based on the Marvel character.
"It would be fantastic," he said. "It'd be a great TV show, especially for HBO or something like that."
He made it clear that another network drama is out of the question.
"It's just so hard to sustain the quality after three years if you're doing 24, 25 episodes a year," he explained.
Doctor Strange, a neurosurgeon who starts studying sorcery after an accident damages his hands, has been the subject of franchise talks in recent years, though plans for a film have not yet been set in stone.
Dempsey, who appears in the upcoming Transformers sequel, said he hopes playing the master magician will take him one step further away from the reputation he built up while starring on Grey's.
"Hopefully, doing something like Transformers is about to show myself in an action situation where I'm not mister-weepy-doctor guy, you know, not McDreamy. You have to change that in people's view. I'm still hungry for other things."
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- To Hell With Bill Cosby? Disney Already Did That With The Devil and Max Devlin
- With INFINITY, Raquel Pomplun and L. Philippe Casseus Team Up to Launch an Epic New Series
- The Film 'Heartland' Tells the Story of Coming of Age and Coming Out in Oklahoma
- Glenn Beck: AP 'Raped' Bill Cosby By Releasing Interview Segment Addressing Rape Allegations
- Ricky Martin Celebrates His New Wax Figure at Madame Tussauds Las Vegas!
- Evan Rachel Wood & Darren Criss Spoof Tom Hanks' 'Big' & It's Hilarious - Watch Now!
- Pippa Middleton Took Advanced Wine Course & Passed!
- Ansel Elgort & Shailene Woodley Re-Created 'The Fault In Our Stars' Bench Scene at Dedication Ceremony