Stylish Patti Smith 'CBGB' Poster Debuts (Exclusive)
Mickey Sumner plays the godmother of punk in the film about New York's iconic club.
Patti Smith returns to the world of New York punk in the new poster for CBGB. The poster, which is exclusive to The Hollywood Reporter, shows Mickey Sumner as the pioneering musician.
CBGB tells the story of New York’s punk scene through the lens of the fabled CBGB night club. The club, which closed in 2008, was owned by Hilly Kristal (played by Alan Rickman in the film), who launched it in the 1970s. After he shifted the focus of the club away from country, bluegrass and blues in favor of local acts, CBGB became the early stomping grounds for artists such as Smith, Blondie, Talking Heads, and the Ramones.
Randall Miller directed the film and co-wrote the script with Jody Savin. The film’s cast includes Malin Akerman, Ashley Greene, Johnny Galecki, Joel David Moore, Stana Katic, Rupert Grint and Taylor Hawkins. The film contains 50 songs and 16 on-camera performance, according to its producers.
Miller and Savin’s Unclaimed Freight Productions is producing, along with former senior vp of Warner/Chappell Music Brad Rosenberger and Kristal’s daughter, Lisa Kristal Burgman.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR