Stylish Patti Smith 'CBGB' Poster Debuts (Exclusive)
Mickey Sumner plays the godmother of punk in the film about New York's iconic club.
Patti Smith returns to the world of New York punk in the new poster for CBGB. The poster, which is exclusive to The Hollywood Reporter, shows Mickey Sumner as the pioneering musician.
CBGB tells the story of New York’s punk scene through the lens of the fabled CBGB night club. The club, which closed in 2008, was owned by Hilly Kristal (played by Alan Rickman in the film), who launched it in the 1970s. After he shifted the focus of the club away from country, bluegrass and blues in favor of local acts, CBGB became the early stomping grounds for artists such as Smith, Blondie, Talking Heads, and the Ramones.
Randall Miller directed the film and co-wrote the script with Jody Savin. The film’s cast includes Malin Akerman, Ashley Greene, Johnny Galecki, Joel David Moore, Stana Katic, Rupert Grint and Taylor Hawkins. The film contains 50 songs and 16 on-camera performance, according to its producers.
Miller and Savin’s Unclaimed Freight Productions is producing, along with former senior vp of Warner/Chappell Music Brad Rosenberger and Kristal’s daughter, Lisa Kristal Burgman.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Darling 'Dawson's Creek' Spoof Stars Dachshunds Instead Of Humans
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- 'Wasn't He Gay?': A Revealing Question About Mister Rogers
- Lily Aldridge Says Happy 26th Birthday to Her Partner in Crime Candice Swanepoel
- Aaron Paul Looks For the Best Pizza in Vancouver Before Shooting '9th Life of Louis Drax'
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!
- Kiernan Shipka Is Pretty in Pink at Broadcasting & Cable Hall Of Fame Awards 2014