Stylish Patti Smith 'CBGB' Poster Debuts (Exclusive)
Mickey Sumner plays the godmother of punk in the film about New York's iconic club.
Patti Smith returns to the world of New York punk in the new poster for CBGB. The poster, which is exclusive to The Hollywood Reporter, shows Mickey Sumner as the pioneering musician.
CBGB tells the story of New York’s punk scene through the lens of the fabled CBGB night club. The club, which closed in 2008, was owned by Hilly Kristal (played by Alan Rickman in the film), who launched it in the 1970s. After he shifted the focus of the club away from country, bluegrass and blues in favor of local acts, CBGB became the early stomping grounds for artists such as Smith, Blondie, Talking Heads, and the Ramones.
Randall Miller directed the film and co-wrote the script with Jody Savin. The film’s cast includes Malin Akerman, Ashley Greene, Johnny Galecki, Joel David Moore, Stana Katic, Rupert Grint and Taylor Hawkins. The film contains 50 songs and 16 on-camera performance, according to its producers.
Miller and Savin’s Unclaimed Freight Productions is producing, along with former senior vp of Warner/Chappell Music Brad Rosenberger and Kristal’s daughter, Lisa Kristal Burgman.
- The Epic Disney Blow-Up of 1994
- Mickey Rooney's Final Days Marred by Bizarre Family Feud
- Why Stephen Colbert Is the Perfect David Letterman Replacement
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- "Nurse Jackie" Is At Its Most Dramatic This Season
- Non-Newtonian Fluids Rock Out As Stars Of Jack White's New Music Video
- Dave Attell's 'Road Work' & 'Comedy Underground' Bring His Raw, Unfiltered Style Back To TV
- James Cameron: The Scripts For All Three 'Avatar' Sequels Are Almost Done, Plus More Reddit AMA Highlights