Paul Dano Joining Hugh Jackman, Jake Gyllenhaal in 'Prisoners'
Denis Villeneuve is directing the Alcon thriller.
Paul Dano is in negotiations to join the cast of Prisoners, Alcon’s thriller starring Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal.
The gritty thriller, being directed by Denis Villeneuve (Incendies), centers on a small-town carpenter (Jackman) whose young daughter and best friend are kidnapped. After the cops fail to find them, his character takes the law into his own hands, kidnapping the man he suspects is responsible. But as his friend and daughter's captivity continues, the carpenter begins to have doubts that he has the right man.
Dano will play a neighbor who has the mental capacity of a 10-year old and has a very sweet disposition, but may hide the personality of a killer.
A January start in Atlanta is being eyed.
Dano can currently be seen in Looper, the acclaimed sci-fi thriller from Rian Johnson. He recently starred in the indie Ruby Sparks and will next be seen in the period drama 12 Years a Slave with Brad Pitt and Michael Fassbender.
He is repped by WME
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Matt Bomer Talks 'Fifty Shades' Casting Rumors, Wants to Return for 'Magic Mike XXL'!
- Taylor Swift & Sarah Hyland See an Off-Broadway Play Together!
- Hilary Duff Treats Herself to a Vegan Dinner at Crossroads!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Express Sadness Over Death of Camilla Parker Bowles' Brother