Paul Giamatti, Samuel L. Jackson Join DreamWorks Animation's 'Turbo' (Exclusive)
DreamWorks Animation has assembled a massive voice cast for its latest animated production, Turbo.
Paul Giamatti, Michael Pena, Luis Guzmán, Bill Hader, Richard Jenkins, Ken Jeong, Michelle Rodriguez, Maya Rudolph, Ben Schwartz, Kurtwood Smith, Snoop Dogg and Samuel L. Jackson are joining Ryan Reynolds in Turbo, the company’s original feature that has a release date of July 19, 2013.
David Soren, a DreamWorks Animation veteran as a story artist, voice actor and director (he helmed Merry Madagascar, a TV Christmas special) is set to direct the film based on his own original concept. He is co-writing the script with Robert Siegel (The Wrestler) and Darren Lemke (Shrek Forever After).
Lisa Stewart is producing with Susan Rogers serving as co- producer.
According to DWA, Turbo follows an ordinary garden snail (Reynolds) with dreams of racing greatness. His obsession with speed and all things fast has made him an oddity and outsider in the slow and cautious snail community, and a constant embarrassment to his careful older brother. When he is one day imbued with the power of amazing speed, he embarks on a quest that will see him racing in the Indianapolis 500.
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- 5 Seconds Of Summer's Calum Hood Sends Naked Snapchat, Then Shrugs It Off With Emoticon
- Why Courtney Stodden Will Never Be Marilyn Monroe, In Her Own Words
- Ridley Scott Addresses 'Exodus' Casting Following Whitewash Backlash
- It's Labor Day, Which Means Your Future Best Picture Winner Might Already Be Here
- Chelsea Clinton Leaving NBC News to Focus On Her Baby & Other Work
- Margot Robbie Begins Filming 'Tarzan' After Mystery Boyfriend is Revealed!
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson & Wife Sam's Home Raided by Armed Police After Gun Spotted Inside
- Ariana Grande Performs 'Bang Bang' On 'Today' Show; Tells The World She's 'Happy' About Love Life