Paul Giamatti, Samuel L. Jackson Join DreamWorks Animation's 'Turbo' (Exclusive)
DreamWorks Animation has assembled a massive voice cast for its latest animated production, Turbo.
Paul Giamatti, Michael Pena, Luis Guzmán, Bill Hader, Richard Jenkins, Ken Jeong, Michelle Rodriguez, Maya Rudolph, Ben Schwartz, Kurtwood Smith, Snoop Dogg and Samuel L. Jackson are joining Ryan Reynolds in Turbo, the company’s original feature that has a release date of July 19, 2013.
David Soren, a DreamWorks Animation veteran as a story artist, voice actor and director (he helmed Merry Madagascar, a TV Christmas special) is set to direct the film based on his own original concept. He is co-writing the script with Robert Siegel (The Wrestler) and Darren Lemke (Shrek Forever After).
Lisa Stewart is producing with Susan Rogers serving as co- producer.
According to DWA, Turbo follows an ordinary garden snail (Reynolds) with dreams of racing greatness. His obsession with speed and all things fast has made him an oddity and outsider in the slow and cautious snail community, and a constant embarrassment to his careful older brother. When he is one day imbued with the power of amazing speed, he embarks on a quest that will see him racing in the Indianapolis 500.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park