Paul Giamatti, Samuel L. Jackson Join DreamWorks Animation's 'Turbo' (Exclusive)
DreamWorks Animation has assembled a massive voice cast for its latest animated production, Turbo.
Paul Giamatti, Michael Pena, Luis Guzmán, Bill Hader, Richard Jenkins, Ken Jeong, Michelle Rodriguez, Maya Rudolph, Ben Schwartz, Kurtwood Smith, Snoop Dogg and Samuel L. Jackson are joining Ryan Reynolds in Turbo, the company’s original feature that has a release date of July 19, 2013.
David Soren, a DreamWorks Animation veteran as a story artist, voice actor and director (he helmed Merry Madagascar, a TV Christmas special) is set to direct the film based on his own original concept. He is co-writing the script with Robert Siegel (The Wrestler) and Darren Lemke (Shrek Forever After).
Lisa Stewart is producing with Susan Rogers serving as co- producer.
According to DWA, Turbo follows an ordinary garden snail (Reynolds) with dreams of racing greatness. His obsession with speed and all things fast has made him an oddity and outsider in the slow and cautious snail community, and a constant embarrassment to his careful older brother. When he is one day imbued with the power of amazing speed, he embarks on a quest that will see him racing in the Indianapolis 500.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Sandra Bullock Celebrates Her 50th Birthday At Cowboy Bar In Wyoming
- Chadwick Boseman On James Brown: 'There Is A Certain Amount Of Cutthroat-ness To Him'
- Sharon Stone On Surviving Her Brain Aneurysm: 'I Was Burned To The Ground' (VIDEO)
- George R.R. Martin Says 'South Park' Got One Major Thing Wrong