Paul Walker to Executive Produce, Star in 'Vehicle 19'
The indie thriller will be directed by South African filmmaker Mukunda Michael Dewil, who also penned the script.
Fast Five star Paul Walker will star in and executive produce Vehicle 19, an indie thriller being directed by South African filmmaker Mukunda Michael Dewil.
Dewil wrote the script, which centers on an unsuspecting traveler (Walker) in a foreign country who picks up the wrong rental car and becomes tangled in a web of corruption by the local police. The script ended up on one of the lists that tracks best screenplays.
The plan to shoot in South Africa at the end of summer.
Pete Safran is producing along with Ryan Haidarian. Gary King of Picture Tree is co-producing.
Fast Five is shaping up to be a hit for Universal. The movie, which opens April 29 domestically, already been released in some territories around the world, revving up more than $24 million.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Family Guy'/'Simpsons' Crossover Episode Sneak Peek Is Pure Bliss
- Sexual Harassment At Comic-Con Leads To Call For New Convention Policy
- A Conversation with CBS This Morning's Anthony Mason, Plus Chase Rice, Gentle Giant's Derek Shulman & William Gage Blanton
- The 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' Trailer Is Here To Fight
- 'The Flash' Cast Has a Blast at Buzzfeed's Rooftop Flash Bash
- Amanda Seyfried's Boyfriend Justin Long Almost Gets Tusks Sewn Into His Head in 'Tusk' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Naomi Watts Is In Talks to Star in Jake Gyllenhaal's 'Demolition'
- Kesha Gets Picked Up By Boyfriend Brad Ashenfelter at LAX Airport