Paul Walker Starring in Post-Hurricane Katrina Thriller 'Hours'
Eric Heisserer, the writer of the upcoming horror movie "The Thing," will make his directorial debut on the pic.
Paul Walker has signed on to star in Hours, a post-Hurricane Katrina thriller that is making the directorial debut of screenwriter Eric Heisserer.
Hours makes a change of pace for Heisserer, who is one of the town’s go-to horror guys; he wrote The Thing, which opens October 14, as well as the recent 3D pic, Final Destination. He also co-wrote 2010’s A Nightmare on Elm Street.
Hours tells the tale of about a young father (Walker) and his fight to keep his newborn daughter alive in an abandoned New Orleans hospital in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.
Peter Safran (Buried) will produce the film though his Safran Company, which is also financing the project, which is eyeing a March 2012 start. The film will shoot on location in and around New Orleans.
For Walker, coming off the massive success of Fast Five, Hours reteams with Safran, for whom he just completed principal photography on indie thriller Vehicle 19. The actor also exec produced the movie.
Walker and Heisserer are repped by UTA. Walker is additionally repped by Luber Roklin while Heisserer is also repped by Artwork Entertainment.
UTA Independent Film Group packaged Hours along with Safran and will represent worldwide rights to the film.
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- Jon Stewart Loves How Epic HuffPost Headlines Win The Internet
- Jesse Helt, Miley Cyrus' Date At The VMAs, Turns Himself In For Probation Violation
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Julianne Hough Snaps Selfies With Former DWTS Partner Helio Castroneves
- Rose McGowan Pours Pink Paint Over Charli XCX in 'Break The Rules' Music Video - Watch Here!
- Fergie Is Going to Miss the Bar at 'Chelsea Lately'
- Simon Cowell & Girlfriend Lauren Silverman Show Some Affection at 'X Factor UK' Press Launch!