Paul Walker Starring in Post-Hurricane Katrina Thriller 'Hours'
Eric Heisserer, the writer of the upcoming horror movie "The Thing," will make his directorial debut on the pic.
Paul Walker has signed on to star in Hours, a post-Hurricane Katrina thriller that is making the directorial debut of screenwriter Eric Heisserer.
Hours makes a change of pace for Heisserer, who is one of the town’s go-to horror guys; he wrote The Thing, which opens October 14, as well as the recent 3D pic, Final Destination. He also co-wrote 2010’s A Nightmare on Elm Street.
Hours tells the tale of about a young father (Walker) and his fight to keep his newborn daughter alive in an abandoned New Orleans hospital in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.
Peter Safran (Buried) will produce the film though his Safran Company, which is also financing the project, which is eyeing a March 2012 start. The film will shoot on location in and around New Orleans.
For Walker, coming off the massive success of Fast Five, Hours reteams with Safran, for whom he just completed principal photography on indie thriller Vehicle 19. The actor also exec produced the movie.
Walker and Heisserer are repped by UTA. Walker is additionally repped by Luber Roklin while Heisserer is also repped by Artwork Entertainment.
UTA Independent Film Group packaged Hours along with Safran and will represent worldwide rights to the film.
Fall TV Preview
Follow Heat Vision
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Kate Upton's Boyfriend Justin Verlander Responds to Leaked Nude Photos
- Jamie Dornan & E.L. James Have 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Reunion at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Kate Hudson Believes Eating Disorders Shouldn't Be Plastered on Magazine Covers!
- Lindsay Lohan Dazzles Us With Her Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014