Paul Walker's 'Brick Mansions' Gets a Release Date
Relativity also will make a donation to the actor's charity, Reach Out WorldWide.
One of Paul Walker’s final movies has gotten a release date.
Brick Mansions, Relativity and EuropaCorp's English-language remake of French action movie District B13, will open wide April 25.
Relativity was set to open the coming-of-age sci-fi pic Earth to Echo on that date but is now moving that title to July 2.
Walker died Nov. 30, 2013, when the Porsche Carrera GT he was riding in hit a pole and burst into flames. He wrapped Mansions in July 2013. At the time of his death, shooting on the seventh installment of Fast & Furious was only half completed and he two other projects that were supposed to shoot this year on his slate.
According to Relativity, the company and EuropaCorp will make a donation, including the cost of the film's world premiere, to Walker's charity Reach Out WorldWide. ROWW works with first responders around the world for disaster relief.
Mansions, set in a dystopian future Detroit, stars Walker as an undercover cop who is tasked with going into a tenement named Brick Mansions in order to disarm a neutron bomb that is ticking toward detonation.
RZA and Catalina Denis co-star in the action thriller as does parkour expert David Belle, who starred in the original French film.
Camille Delamarre, the editor behind movies like Taken 2 and Transporter 3, made his directorial debut on Brick Mansions. Luc Besson, Ryan Kavanaugh, Tucker Tooley and Christophe Lambert produced the movie.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead