Paul Walker's 'Brick Mansions' Gets a Release Date
Relativity also will make a donation to the actor's charity, Reach Out WorldWide.
One of Paul Walker’s final movies has gotten a release date.
Brick Mansions, Relativity and EuropaCorp's English-language remake of French action movie District B13, will open wide April 25.
Relativity was set to open the coming-of-age sci-fi pic Earth to Echo on that date but is now moving that title to July 2.
Walker died Nov. 30, 2013, when the Porsche Carrera GT he was riding in hit a pole and burst into flames. He wrapped Mansions in July 2013. At the time of his death, shooting on the seventh installment of Fast & Furious was only half completed and he two other projects that were supposed to shoot this year on his slate.
According to Relativity, the company and EuropaCorp will make a donation, including the cost of the film's world premiere, to Walker's charity Reach Out WorldWide. ROWW works with first responders around the world for disaster relief.
Mansions, set in a dystopian future Detroit, stars Walker as an undercover cop who is tasked with going into a tenement named Brick Mansions in order to disarm a neutron bomb that is ticking toward detonation.
RZA and Catalina Denis co-star in the action thriller as does parkour expert David Belle, who starred in the original French film.
Camille Delamarre, the editor behind movies like Taken 2 and Transporter 3, made his directorial debut on Brick Mansions. Luc Besson, Ryan Kavanaugh, Tucker Tooley and Christophe Lambert produced the movie.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)