'Personal Demons' YA Trilogy Optioned by Ineffable Pictures (Exclusive)
Lisa Desrochers' series centers on a teen girl trapped in a love triangle between an angel and a demon.
Continuing with the growing trend of bringing YA franchises to the big screen, Ineffable Pictures has optioned the rights to Lisa Desrochers' Personal Demons.
The three-book series consists of Personal Demons, Original Sin and Last Rite, and centers on a teen girl with a special ability. She is caught in the midst of a love triangle between an angel and a demon, each of whom are competing to “tag” her soul for heaven and hell, respectively.
“I’m thrilled that Raphael Kryszek [Ineffable CEO], Jesse Israel and the Ineffable Pictures team share my love of this trilogy and its characters,” said Desrochers in a statement.
The publishing rights for Personal Demons have been sold in more than a dozen territories and was originally acquired for the U.S. in an auction by Macmillan Publishers’ Tor Books, which publishes science fiction and fantasy titles.
John Travis, who wrote The Haunting of Molly Hartley and The New Daughter, is adapting the Personal Demons series for television
Also currently in the works at Ineffable is a film adaptation of Colleen Houck’s Tiger’s Curse, in development at Paramount Pictures.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)