'Personal Demons' YA Trilogy Optioned by Ineffable Pictures (Exclusive)
Lisa Desrochers' series centers on a teen girl trapped in a love triangle between an angel and a demon.
Continuing with the growing trend of bringing YA franchises to the big screen, Ineffable Pictures has optioned the rights to Lisa Desrochers' Personal Demons.
The three-book series consists of Personal Demons, Original Sin and Last Rite, and centers on a teen girl with a special ability. She is caught in the midst of a love triangle between an angel and a demon, each of whom are competing to “tag” her soul for heaven and hell, respectively.
“I’m thrilled that Raphael Kryszek [Ineffable CEO], Jesse Israel and the Ineffable Pictures team share my love of this trilogy and its characters,” said Desrochers in a statement.
The publishing rights for Personal Demons have been sold in more than a dozen territories and was originally acquired for the U.S. in an auction by Macmillan Publishers’ Tor Books, which publishes science fiction and fantasy titles.
John Travis, who wrote The Haunting of Molly Hartley and The New Daughter, is adapting the Personal Demons series for television
Also currently in the works at Ineffable is a film adaptation of Colleen Houck’s Tiger’s Curse, in development at Paramount Pictures.
Follow Heat Vision
- Hulu's April Fools' Gag 'Hulu Pets' Is A Pretty Convincing Streaming Service
- Watch Taylor Swift And Camila Cabello Totally Fangirl After Hearing Fifth Harmony On The Radio
- 'Black Girls Are Magic': Latest Episode Of 'Being Mary Jane' Powerfully Explores Race And Beauty With Real-Life Activists
- Scott Eastwood On His Gay Fans, Same-Sex Marriage And Whether Or Not A Gay Role Is In His Future
- Zayn Malik Struggled the Most With One Direction Tour Demands, 'This Is Us' Director Says
- Kim Kardashian is Told She May Not Be Able to Have More Kids in New 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians' Clips (Video)
- Zoe Saldana Wants Twins Cy & Bowie to Be Super Stylish!
- Shia LaBeouf Explains Why It's Insane Being an Actor