Peter Dinklage in Talks to Join Adam Sandler in 'Pixels'
Josh Gad and Kevin James are already on board the project, which Chris Columbus is directing.
Peter Dinklage is in early negotiations to join Adam Sandler, Josh Gad and Kevin James in Pixels, which Chris Columbus is directing for Sony and Happy Madison.
Pixels was one of the Internet shorts that garnered major Hollywood buzz in 2010 (the same year that The Gift and Panic Attack! made the rounds); it depicted 1980s video game characters attacking New York City.
Tim Herlihy and Timothy Dowling worked on the script, which sees James as the president of the United States asking his childhood pals (Sandler and Gad) for help to stop the video games from waging war on the human race.
Dinklage will play a former Donkey Kong and Space Invaders champion who is a loudmouth.
Patrick Jean, who made the short, is executive producing, while Happy Madison’s Sandler and Jack Giarraputo are producing with One More Production's Benjamin Darras, Johnny Alves and Mathias Boucard.
Dinklage is about to return front and center in HBO’s Game of Thrones; the fourth season begins April 6. Dinklage will also be seen in this summer’s Fox tentpole, X-Men: Days of Future Past.
He is repped by CAA, Insight and Jackoway Tyerman.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Charlie Hunnam Speaks Up About 'Sons of Anarchy' Emmy Snubs at FX TCA Panel
- Daniel Radcliffe Premieres 'What If' in Toronto After Closing Out Broadway's 'Cripple of Inishmaan'
- Selena Gomez & Cara Delevingne are Saint-Tropez Bikini Babes!
- LeAnn Rimes & Eddie Cibrian Missed His Kids So Much During Reality Show Promo Trip