Peter Dinklage Joining 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
Director Bryan Singer welcomed the "Game of Thrones" star via Twitter.
Peter Dinklage is joining the cast of X-Men: Days of Future Past, according to a tweet from director Bryan Singer.
"Officially like to welcome #PeterDinklage from #GameOfThrones to #XMEN #DaysofFuturePast Very very excited!" Singer tweeted Wednesday.
Dinklage, who plays Tyrion Lannister on HBO's Game of Thrones, joins returning castmembers from 2011's X-Men: First Class as well as actors who appeared in the original X-Men trilogy released from 2000-06.
Days of Future Past, based on a 1981 story in Marvel Comics' Uncanny X-Men, will include both the 1960s First Class characters as well as a future version of the original trilogy characters. The original trilogy actors are said to appear primarily in scenes depicting a dystopian future.
First Class stars James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence and Nicholas Hoult are on board for the film, while original series stars Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Anna Paquin, Ellen Page and Shawn Ashmore are also returning.
Days of Future Past, from 20th Century Fox, is eyeing an April start date and is slated for a July 18, 2014, release.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Jennifer Garner's Birthday Will Be Spent At A Talent Show
- Pharrell Williams Tells Oprah About The Big Mistake He Made On His First Solo Album (VIDEO)
- The First 'Orange Is The New Black' Season 2 Trailer Is Finally Here And It's Amazing
- A Bloods General Describes Gang Life In Exclusive Clip From Tribeca Film, 'Five Star'