Peter Dinklage Joining 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
Director Bryan Singer welcomed the "Game of Thrones" star via Twitter.
Peter Dinklage is joining the cast of X-Men: Days of Future Past, according to a tweet from director Bryan Singer.
"Officially like to welcome #PeterDinklage from #GameOfThrones to #XMEN #DaysofFuturePast Very very excited!" Singer tweeted Wednesday.
Dinklage, who plays Tyrion Lannister on HBO's Game of Thrones, joins returning castmembers from 2011's X-Men: First Class as well as actors who appeared in the original X-Men trilogy released from 2000-06.
Days of Future Past, based on a 1981 story in Marvel Comics' Uncanny X-Men, will include both the 1960s First Class characters as well as a future version of the original trilogy characters. The original trilogy actors are said to appear primarily in scenes depicting a dystopian future.
First Class stars James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence and Nicholas Hoult are on board for the film, while original series stars Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Anna Paquin, Ellen Page and Shawn Ashmore are also returning.
Days of Future Past, from 20th Century Fox, is eyeing an April start date and is slated for a July 18, 2014, release.
Fall TV Preview
Follow Heat Vision
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Gerard Butler Makes Hugo Boss Look So Good at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Mindy Kaling to 'Flare': If I Want 3 Kids, I Need to Get Going (Exclusive Pic!)
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Honored Her Mom Marcheline at Their Intimate Wedding